Stoked!

Still want to go, kept putting it off due to weather but now the family Tenby hols are kinda done :frowning:

Had to cancel our holidays to France over and over and needed to rebook. Came here years ago, lovely beaches and took a risk. Either way Im not at work

2 Likes

Mortgage decision in principle - hopefully the developer accepts it. It’s not through the company they like / recommended. Not getting my hopes up too much, but if the developer accepts it I can pay the £500 deposit to reserve a plot.

6 Likes

They’ll accept it.

2 Likes

Hope so. This would be an amazing end to a year that from April onwards has been positive, apart from my skateboard ability.

Ha snap! I got a decision in principle yesterday! Been working on my credit score for the last couple of years, had figured it was totally unattainable until recently. Feel a bit guilty to say it, but lockdown has been pretty good to me.

9 Likes

Buzzing for you both @neddy @snurp we moved into our place in August. All the stress, saving, credit score watching etc are worth it in the end

1 Like

Congratulations both of you. Buying or moving is always stressful ime.

Approved with developer!!! Get to pick my plot now, I can’t fucking believe it.

12 Likes

Will you actually own the land forever then? Just I see some new affordable houses are on leased land, as the pay off for being able to get a foot on the ladder.

999 year lease probably.

Finally - finally - got moved into our new house.

It has been an epic and frankly horrible few months but now we’re starting to get all our stuff in and sorted it feels totally worth it. Loads more space, bigger garden, decent sized shed, much quieter spot… It’s bloody lovely.

Might need to go speaker shopping soon. What a hardship.

12 Likes

Now I understand why moving house is shit, having to wait on one final decision then we can reserve the plot, so long.

Is it a new build? Are some houses already finished on the estate?

Need pics

Yer new build some are finishing soon. Ours won’t be done until next summer.

They are quibbling over the fact our child care bill will be £0.

It’s a decent size but a wreck. Maybe I’ll take some pics when I’ve cropped the ivy off the roof.

Long kg term it’ll get rebuilt, but it’s grand for storage / mini workshop for now.

Got 5 chickens on the way, most likely next week. @franc expect chicken keeping queries

2 Likes

Sweeet! What breed are you getting?

Surely this belongs in the chicken breeding thread

6 Likes