Stoked!

Still my preferred medium-distance transport.

Iā€™m starting a mini-klunker trend. Just waiting for some tall BMX bars to put on. Coaster hub on the back. Chainguard means I can rock big trousers.

7 Likes

Why do they always carry such big bags?

Delivering Greggs to the lazy nowadays. I remember when it was all tubes with architectsā€™ plans, now itā€™s pastries.

4 Likes

Is the video online yet? Hyped to see it!

What is this and why is it the best thing ever?

Help me find one!

I love a shopper - this is ace (although Iā€™ll have to see it with BMX bars before I form an opinion on that. :thinking:)

Next week at some point I think

1 Like

Nice board. TG is doing a gig in London in April I think. Come down!

Oh man that sounds good!

Got a mean cold last week, had to stay in bed during my 2 days off on Thursday and Friday then worked during the weekend. Was still feeling a bit weak this morning but had the day off, got up early and did loads of things. Got a bottle of Talisker (aged 10 years), Welsh cheese (Snowdonia Red Devil), got a very good phone call from one of my supervisors at work then went skating and did two tricks I had never done. Now having a cuppa with Jaffa cakes, chilling with my cats. Yeah yeah yeah.

2 Likes

Oh, saw this on Instagram and thought about the forum too:

My sons new school is right next to a ā€œskateparkā€ - a very loose description. As I pick him up at lunchtime (long story) Iā€™ve been surprised to see that it is actually fairly well used considering how crap it is and how near it is to Stoke Plaza.

Iā€™m probably older than the young lads parents so itā€™s likely be a bit weird rocking up like that Steve Buscemi meme!

2 Likes

Absolutely not at all. Everybody skateboards nowadays.

3 Likes

True. Might rock up one day a bit early, push like hell around the park for 5 mins without doing anything else then go grab my ladā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

A few years back I was at a local park trying to have a quiet skate and ā€˜enjoying bantsā€™ with a group of young lads - ā€œYouā€™re oldā€ ā€œAre you Tony Hawk?ā€ ā€œYou must be really goodā€¦ oh. Youā€™re notā€ etc - and when one of their Mums turned up to tell him it was tea time she was from my class at high school.

Itā€™s fine.

9 Likes

Haha, thatā€™s ace.

Probably going to Chuck my set up in my boot along with shoes and see what happens after Iā€™ve dropped him off in the morning. Feels like the only time Iā€™m going to get to skate at the minute.

2 Likes

Got to get them in when you can!!

1 Like

Another one that still makes me lolā€¦
(and while Iā€™m waiting for a blue bar of progress on some work stuff)

Doing my best to ignore heckles from two teenage girlsā€¦

Girl1 ā€œyou donā€™t say much do you?ā€
Me ā€œmy mum told me not to talk to strangersā€
Girl1 ā€œmy mum told me to f*** ā€˜emā€
Me (lolling internally) ā€œI know your mumā€

The change in her personality was like flicking a switch. Instant butter wouldnā€™t melt.

5 Likes

Hahahaha! Thatā€™s too funny :laughing: