Stoked!

Just MC’d my first kid’s party, tough crowd but survived it

13 Likes

Same! Surreal. Need to not get smashed too soon.

1 Like

Got a date-day with wife tomorrow whilst my parents are here.

Now just got to persuade wife to go see dune with me

1 Like

Enjoy boss man! Presume Estonia isn’t locking down again then.

Yeah looks like it is soon

1 Like

Well enjoy your date day! What you doing?

Personal Stoke, got the little man the Lego skatepark for his birthday. Hope he likes it.

Does she like shrooms ?

3 Likes

If she’s not a fan of sci-fi, good luck. It’s pretty slow and meandering. Could’ve made it shorter, with bigger/longer battle scenes and moved the slow story along a bit faster. Looks great on the cinema screen though.

My missus loved it and she’s not a fan of sci-fi.
Can’t even do a star war.

Interesting. I just got back from watching it with my 9YO son a couple of hours ago and we both thought it was a bit underwhelming. He was definitely expecting more epic battles.

Ha, can understand how a 9 year old might not be so interested in intergalactic geopolitics or cosmic jihad. There’s loads of good explosions and noises though!

1 Like

Ended up bar crawling and drinking a shit ton of red with wife

Needed that

7 Likes

So stoked on loads of things from today that I can’t tell anyone about yet!

Edit: No, the missus isn’t prego.

1 Like

Finally got my proper stereo set up, and cleared enough space in the room so I can listen. Fuck, after years of Google speakers due to having so little space in our tiny old house I’d forgotten the sheer, unadulterated joy of just sitting and really listening to music.

It’s nothing fancy at all, but I’ve been stacking tracks from Nina Simone (Feeling Good = shivers) to Dinosaur Jr, Wu Tang, Alex Reece, Mountain Goats, Johnny Cash, Kate Bush, Portishead, American Football… Basically anything that came into my head. I can see myself spending a lot of time in here while the Mrs watches TV.

TLDR; music is fucking great, proper kit makes it even better.

9 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Pay day today and already spent like £150 on gig tickets for next year. Haven’t been to a gig since March 20, so I’m overcompensating in 2022.

3 Likes

Will rectify later.

Dropped my Mk1 lens as it fell out of the bag it’s kept in, in my room the other night. Luckily it had the cap on, alongside it falling on carpet. I was testing out to see the duct tape over where the VAP unit is (can’t beat a DIY repair, right?) wasn’t going to foul the lens going on. But yeah, it must’ve loosened the bayonet and I didn’t notice…

I go to film in Bristol yesterday and it didn’t want to stay on, even once you’ve twisted it on. Luckily I keep the small screw driver set on me and just adjusted the bayonet until it went on like a glove.

Proper had me stoked as I thought something got busted! Oh yeah and of course, following that we got some good clips and a pub lunch. Sorted.

1 Like

Mate, you should have come to the premiere! There were a few spare seats!

1 Like

Ah fook, that had been a shout! To be fair we ended up passing a spot going past Cabot and was there for a good few hours filming once we left Lil Lloyds. I didn’t expect to still be filming into the eve, we were planning on wrapping it up come 5 and go for a pub lunch. I didn’t get home until 12 haha! Bloody freezing, lemme tell 'ew.

I’m keen to see the video when it drops, mucka!

1 Like