Stoked!

Always think it’s funny to compare the standard 14" TV in my parents sitting room in the 80s/early 90s with what’s common now. We’d eat dinner and still watch TV from from the kitchen, straining to look at what was smaller than a laptop screen.

Having a small TV actually shows some class.

2 Likes

Over 50” is penis extension territory. 42-50” is safe real man talk.

The saying goes that poor people have big tv’s, rich people have big libraries.

1 Like

Rich people have personal cinemas.

3 Likes

Maybe new money.

1 Like

55" over here. Looks great with one of those 8 hour 4k fireplace videos while I read my kindle.

7 Likes

55 here. In the opposite corner to the bookshelf :smile:

I was in a local electronics chain a couple of days ago (think Currys or Dixons or whatever the current equivalent is now). Because of Covid, they had a lot less staff than usual on the floor being slimy sales brians, so I took the opportunity to browse what’s current in TVs in terms of prices, sizes etc without being hassled.

Turns out that even 85 inch TVs aren’t that expensive or uncommon any more.

I think the sweet spot is 55-65inch though, depending on the room.

32". Now I feel really inadequate.

There’s a house near the inlaws we drive past quite often, they have a massive (looks like 90" or something) TV next to the window. It’s bigger than the window. It’s only a little room too. Secretly I’m jealous.

FTFY :wink:

2 Likes

38” here. Suits me fine.
Although there was a time there we were running a projector that covered the whole wall so what’s that? 1000”?

32" here because anything bigger a bit gauche and won’t fit into our shelving.

1 Like

38" for me. Any bigger than 42 is smackhead territory soz

2 Likes

65" TV here :syringe:

4 Likes

Think ours is 42".

I worked at Currys when I got it so it was a new season sample. I can not endorse getting a 42" telly on the tube in rush hour.

Probably got a couple more years with it then I’ll try and convince the mrs we need to go up to 48". Don’t think I can get much more on the wall without redoing the mount or fiddling with the fireplace.

1 Like

I was going to say, these TVs aren’t on the wall are they?
So tacky.

Well I did want it on a bespoke plinth floating in a dingy in an infinity pool full of malbec but unfortunately we couldn’t get the plumbing right

5 Likes

It’s really hard to find a good pool boy these days anyway, seems like nobody wants to work any more.

2 Likes

Where do you put them then? Middle of the room? On the window? Ceiling?

2 Likes