Stoked!

I like games and I like films so having a massive telly is ideal for those things. Much better than being one of those deluded people who pride themselves on having no telly only to sit there peering at Netflix for hours a night on their fucking laptop screen lol.

4 Likes

And mentioning that they donā€™t own one on any possible Guardian comments section.

Bonus points if you combine it with claiming youā€™ve never heard of Kanye West or some other massively well known celebrity.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to blow your mind when I combine the words TV + stand together.

6 Likes

My mate was giving it the biggun about not watching tele but then proclaimed he watches netflix and amazon in the next breath. Stupid posturing cvnt.

1 Like

The thing is TV has been one of the biggest cultural revolutions ever, itā€™s given people access to news, the arts, travel and educational documentaries that most wouldnā€™t have been able to access or explore before. Weā€™ve got to witness historic moments happening in real time and not just read about them the next day. So for anyone to dismiss TV so easily, they are probably the thick person.

Plus Naked Attraction

1 Like

Donā€™t forget Nadine Dorries eating ostrich anus

download (1)

1 Like

The moon landings (yeah I know, blah, blah), the Berlin wall falling, 9/11, JFK assassination, unprecedented excess to the Vietnam war, to name a fewā€¦

Someoneā€™s overcompensating for being a lazy get in front of the telly all day.

1 Like

What about Ex on the Beach, that was absolutely mental

Thereā€™s Something About Miriam

1 Like

That was the trans catfish show right?

1 Like

Fucking hell, haha okay then, TV is for cvnts, get yourselves down to the library or local book shop, you philistines.

2 Likes

Anyone remember ā€˜Faking Itā€™?

Legitimate feel good TV, where people from different background got 4 weeks to experience another subculture, eg Lawyer to Garage mc or Navy officer to Drag queen. With most experiments ending with them not only loving it, but also making great bonds with their tutors and forming unlikely friendship. Absolutely lit.

Wish they would bring it back, Iā€™ve tried to think of new categories, only got as far as coroner to comedian.

3 Likes

Yeah, the Burger Flipper to Head Chef was amazing, Gordon Ramsay was one of his mentors before he was a TV big deal.

Fresh, completely forgot about the Ramhead one.

The only one that was disheartening was Chess player to Football manager. The dude went into being socially awkward and came out of it with serious distain for all involved.

Art student to graffiti writer definitely sticks in my head from faking it, good bit of tele.

1 Like

Just went looking for that episode myself - a classic. Obviously they end up at PSSP.

CSC real skate shops ad in Thrasher mag is getting some of the shops stoked :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes