Stoked!

Pics or it didn’t happen!

2 Likes

I’m going to my grandparents on Saturday to fetch it, I’ll send pics then.

1 Like

Planned a whole weekend to see if I could fix the old Merc for its failed MOT.

It went better than I expected, fully fixed and road worthy in 6 hours with a bit of help from my mate .

Just a re test and she’s good for another year !

Fucking stoked as hell.

21 Likes

Awesome! Now smother everything with waxoyl or similar for good measure. You can also use old engine oil

1 Like

Yeah, tomorrow quick job, just got a grommet hole to plug and seal up then a big dose of stone chip spray

Well in, good to see older cars saved. I wonder if Dinitrol underseal will hold off anything else depending upon how bad it is elsewhere?

I’m not too bothered about more sealer because In reality I have to sell it in 6 months because it’s really starting to have regular major work done because of rust and worn parts. It’s perfect for someone who wants to restore one and has the time .

So come aug/sept I’ll sell this and probably get £2k for it as prices for these are really climbing. £10/12k for a minter and all the high miles shitters are £1.5k . Mines petrol and on 130k which is low compared to the rest on sale.

Not bad for a £50 car I saved from the scrappy in 2016 .

3 Likes

That’s so manly that I just ovulated.

I still have to check if it’s petrol or diesel when I fill up and you just welded some new thing onto the old thing.

7 Likes

Watching old Scrapheap challenge episodes on YouTube, it’s just the best.

2 Likes

Gunna go watch some now. Dude who hosted it used to pop into SS20 BITD one of his kids or kid skated.

EDIT: @niallc they have so many full episodes!!

I hope you called him a smeghead whenever he dropped by :smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

I saw Lisa Rodgers getting in a taxi near Earls Court around 2001.

CMOAC

(Never been able to get any props for a name drop)

I once said “Can I have a ‘P’ please, Bob?” to Bob Holness, only it was actually Ray Alan who did that ‘Lord Charles’ puppet… the ex pushed Noel Gallagher over in a shop on propose once (because she’s a dickhead) and he said sorry.

2 Likes

Had a great weekend:

Smashed it at work this week so got sent home Friday at lunchtime. Picked our eldest up from school (which I never get to do!) then went for a couple of jars with my Dad.

Planned to get my first skate of the year in at the Bournbrook DIY on Saturday, but saw they had a build on and ended up mixing concrete in a tarp for 5 hours! Came back, dried off and Brewer took me down the pub for a couple of jars. Then I came home and made a curry.

Today we took our eldest to Lego World in Birmingham. He loved it (and so did I!) then we went to Wagamamas.

Rescheduled booster jab tomorrow morning.

The end.

7 Likes

Made £150 selling a few old GameCube games. Did not expect them to be worth anything

3 Likes

All clear on the test today!

Back to work now. Boo!

2 Likes

Was planning a lazy weekend as it was supposed to be crap weather and I’m without a car until this Wednesday…

Ended up filming for a little promo thing at the local indoor with my mukka as a little idea we came up with, like a 1 min Insta edit yada, yada. Then, did a last min filming mission with my mate who came to pick me up yesterday, was surprisingly sunny for 1 hour. Got quite a lot done and I’m hoping we’re close to now finishing his part with those bits filmed yesterday.

Oh yeah and had a nice pint of Guinness at ze pub. Always a way to end the day.

2 Likes

First live music (apart from a shitty wedding band which definitely doesn’t count) since Covid last night - Hamish Hawk at the Adelphi in Hull.

Can’t remember the name of the first support but they were meh. Some interesting guitar lines but playing through little practice combos when your bassist has a mighty stack does not make for a great sound. Singer nowhere near as cool as he thought, no charisma, looked like a shit Jarvis. Rehearsed monologues between songs? No thank you.

Next up Late Night Marauders. Local band, absolutely banging R&B / Jazz combo, massive grin all the way through. More brass in life please.

Hamish was amazing. Hypnotic on stage, almost a Mark E Smith vibe at times. Awesome baritone voice. Really personable between songs / chatting to the audience. Played a quiet acoustic song and I don’t think I’ve ever heard the Adelphi so quiet.

Went on my own and read on my Kindle between bands, but it was a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Busy, but not rammed.

I have missed live music.

2 Likes

Booked flights to Barca, well excited, haven’t been since I moved home September 2017!

8 Likes