Stoked!

Working from the hammock this afternoon, loving it.

3 Likes

Fell on my head skating a handrail in Paris during the heat wave in 2003. Gnarly concussion, got taken to a hospital by ambulance. Arrived at the hospital, was told to go back to Switzerland to get sorted out as the hospitals were full! I could barley walk. Ended being thrown on a bed in a massive dorm where loads of seniors were dying. It wasnā€™t cool.

TLDR: if you get hurt in France, well, do not get hurt in France, or die straight away.

9 Likes

Yeah, a friend broke his pelvis skating in France, some other mates had to hire a van, stick a mattress in the back and drive him back to the UK.

1 Like

Damn, that sounds pretty horrible too.

1 Like

Itā€™s very horrible. I broke mine about 10 years ago when I came off my board. I had internal bleeding and I needed a blood transfusion. In intensive care for a week and couldnā€™t walk for 3 months. But you do make a complete recovery in the end.

Found a Dictaphone in one of our office clear outs (alongside some tidy Sony heaphones). I know you could use a phone, but I wanted a separate device for doing voice recordings out and about.

I got of my rut of anxiety/confidence with recording some stuff Iā€™ve wrote down and sent off the recordings to my mate, who Iā€™m hoping can work out a track or two with what I sent. Been on about doing this for months and I didnā€™t want him thinking it was one of those things youā€™d say you do for someone and never do, when youā€™re a few bevvies deep haha.

If not I donā€™t mind, as Iā€™m just glad to have finally recorded them and can use them for something else if not.

2 Likes

Went skating. Waxed a curb. Filmed myself doing some horrid looking stunts, but whatever, had a good time and also landed a sketchy 5-0 which was pleasing. If Iā€™m feeling brave might actually plonk something on Instagram.

Heading towards 45 Iā€™ll take what I fucking canā€¦

14 Likes

Last day at my job today. Barely did any actual work all week, but itā€™s been hell getting my apartment emptied and cleaned etc. Rug Doctors are the shittest thing ever. Can see light at the end of the tunnel now though, and Iā€™m flying to Sydney on Sunday! Fuck yaaaaa Iā€™m hyped

19 Likes

What was old job and whatā€™s your new job?

In Sydney permanently?

Iā€™m a Cloud Architect/Solutions Architect/Data Engineer/Consultantā€¦ basically whatever the account manager introduces me to a client as, ha. Moving from one marketing agency to another, and yes, (hopefully) permanently

7 Likes

Siiiiiick stoked for you man :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Jesus, thatā€™s a short time between finishing up, clearing out your home and getting on the plane. Best of luck with the move!

Melbourne is better.

4 Likes

(Congrats though. Hope it goes smoothly)

1 Like

Cheers!

Forum meet up in Wagga Wagga? Seems about halfwayā€¦ Still find the names of places there so funny.

2 Likes

Great news. Glad i caught up with you at the Groans. All the best out there.

2 Likes

Ha my wife is from there, I believe itā€™s colloquially known as just Wagga.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t stop myself from saying it in a Fozzie Bear voice, if I had to say it all the time ā€œWagga, Wagga!ā€

1 Like

My dad is down to the final five in the National Parks Volunteer of the Year. If you could spare a minute to vote that would be super - I doubt heā€™ll win, but Iā€™d like him to get a few votes!

11 Likes

Done boss.

2 Likes