Stoked!

Special peeps = Care home?

exactly, and more

Landed my first ever half cab heel.

It was shit. But the feeling certainly was not.

2 Likes

Travelling a lot for work at the moment and the hotel I stay at has a wicked pool so Iā€™ve been getting into swimming recently. Havenā€™t really swam much since I was a kid so I donā€™t bother trying to get distance, but Iā€™ve been trying to do a length of the pool in the fewest strokes possible (breast stroke). Last couple of days I couldnā€™t get any fewer than 23 strokes across. Today I did it in 23 again, got out, watched a video on technique, got back in the pool and did it in 16. Basically did it completely wrong all my life ha.

Swimmingā€™s rad, especially if youā€™re a broken-down-from-skateboarding old dweeb like me and you fall apart from the slightest impact. And when itā€™s 34Ā°C outā€¦

Mate this is your final warning. No more of that talk, thank you.

3 Likes

Haha, sorry. I meant massive tit stroke

1 Like

Stoked to be back on a skating forum and to see so many familiar names!

1 Like

New trucks and plank. Probably going to fall over tonight!

Yes, confirmed, no backing out beef!

Ha

Hi everyone. I was a lurker/infrequent poster on Sidewalk Forum since 2005. It seems like this new version has got people posting a little bit more which is cool.

I started skated in 1988, after spending 2 years pocket money on a Santa Cruz Corey Oā€™ Brien, Gullwings and Slimeballs from Blah Blah Skates in Stockton, North East. I skated every week for 12 years. I dropped right off about 2000 after going to Uni in a place with no real scene and getting into all the other distractions out there. Since then Iā€™ve only really lurked here and actually skated about ten times despite weekly forum lurking/thinking about /buying/watching skating. I suppose I never really got into doing it again properly just cos of that awkwardness of being the old cunt with zero ability at a park who knows no-one. Total fucking waste.

Anyway, point being, after losing so many years not doing something I loved like crazy, my new stuff arrived this morning (shiny new Magenta Van Gogh, Thunders and Spitfires, all set up). My three year old has learned riding her bike this week. So tomorrow morning when she gets up at stupid oā€™clock Iā€™m going to do the breakfast routine then get her out on her little bike and skate alongside her to the local park to cruise about together. Sheā€™ll be laughing her head off cos kids love seeing their parents doing stuff they havenā€™t seen them doing before. Couldnā€™t be any more stoked!

10 Likes

Rad ParmoViolet. Blah, Blah huh? If was a little before my time but I know Mini Mansell. Then it was Mischief in Stockton (nothing to do with Blah, Blah). Are you still in the North East? Calling yourself Parmo. Legacy skate store in Darlo is the only skater owned shop in the Teesside area now. Also 4motion in Darlo is a rad indoor park, Weds nights are skateboard only (not while itā€™s the Easter Hols though, they have skate film nights, skate yoga and all sorts of stuff going on), they do an over 25s once a month too.
Everyone at the shop and park are cool and welcoming, hope you have fun tomorrow!

1 Like

Nice one, thanks Voodz. I remember hearing some stories about Mini, Bod and Gill (Jill?)

1 Like

First skate of the year today. Fakie tre first shot. Wallop.

4 Likes

Couple of U.K. skaters have got to the final of Vert Attack

2 Likes

Was thinking he must be getting on, Iā€™ve seen him in vert contests since I was a wee nipper! Rad

Thought Jocke Olson was in jail? Obviously not.

1 Like

Won a pair of tickets for Mid90s. Stoked!

1 Like