Stoked!

Watch UK Skateboard Championships live - men’s & women’s finals - Live - BBC Sport Live stream for the UK champs. Watching skateboarding on the BBC is a bit surreal but incredible. Anonymity commenting

1 Like

Is it anon and LA commentating?

Yeah.

going to a big climate change protest tomorrow in LDN, have been wanting to do something about it for years so feels good to finally act, fkn scared though

Just submitted my second to last uni essay… And hopefully the last essay I’ll have to write about media ethics and regulation until I convince myself starting a master’s is a good idea in about ten years time.

1 Like

If you have the time, ti’s worth doing some movement training / calisthenics to get your hips in shape. Yoga will definitely help with flexiblity and calisthenics will help with moving the way you need to move.

@Rob_movement101 @brian_movement101 on Instagram are good starting points

2 Likes

I went to a musculoskeletal dude on Sat and to be honest, he treated it as a normal sports physio thing so that was a no go but I finally found what I was looking for.
This dude: https://www.findingcentre.co.uk/
He has trained a woman that’s fairly local so i’m gonna book in and see what this shit’s all about.

Got my physiotherapy appointment today.
It only seems to focus on my right knee when I had actually reported both knees as being problematic.
Since when the x-rays were done, I have also done something to my left knee cap.
Can I opt for just having my legs lopped off?

It’s mad how one little injury on one side of you can totally throw the mechanics of your body and completely fuck you.

exactly, that’s what the dude in the link above does, finds the bits of you that are underworking and the bits that are overworking to compensate and works out moves to get them equal again.

My little boy turned 1 yesterday, so stoked for him!
We’re hosting a big family party on the weekend for him, so that’ll be great but also stressful!

3 Likes

I was a bit miffed how ungrateful my daughter was on her 1st. Don’t worry He’ll appreciate his 2nd a bit more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kids birthday parties seem to get tougher as the years march on, ha.

A one year old doesn’t understand birthdays Keith, spending a ton of money on a first b’day is silly. A nice little get together with family and close friends is all that is needed. They won’t remember anything about it.

When they get to primary school and keep coming home with invites to other kids birthdays, two in a day! So and so’s in the morning then one in the afternoon, this ones at this place and this ones out of town over there, then it becomes a pain. I feel like I spend more money on other peoples kids than my own, haha.

When my first turned 1 my Mrs arranged a huge party including having family travel from different parts of Sweden.
I couldn’t see the point because, as voodoo points out, kids have no clue about birthdays at 1.
It was a ballache to arrange and a waste of time.
Wait until they’re at school and your weekends are absorbed by classmates parties, birthday parties become such a chore.
Just been through about a 5 week spell where each weekend there was a party to attend.

Fuck I hadn’t even thought about kids birthday parties fuck.

Soz. Tried to make a joke. I thought the smiley face would cover me for this.

1 Like

Sorry it kind of looked like a nonplus sort of smiley. Half joking, half not, haha.

1 Like

I’m with you there @neddy, completely forgot about what the future holds.
We didn’t buy Vinnie anything, just took him to the aquarium for the day. He got a load of useful things like clothes and good toys for helping with dexterity, etc which was nice.

Luckily all of our family are pretty close, so they don’t have to go too far for the weekend.

1 Like

Thanks for the prior warning!