Stoked!

Mine walked at her 1st birthday party which her grandparents had flown over especially for, great timing

11 Likes

getting wine and cheese delivered today from work - the office is using lunch/party budget to deliver the same to everyone and weā€™re having a wine tasting on hangouts this afternoon. Itā€™s a bit excessive but itā€™s supporting the local businesses (pubs) around the office which are now delivery-only, obviously.

2 Likes

Saw both mine take their first steps sans holding onto stuff.
Itā€™s quite something to catch them doing.
Your life is about to change now that your son knows that he can get wherever he wants to.
Endless following him about to make sure heā€™s not doing something daft.
My first one decided to do it at 9 months and the second was almost dot on his 1st birthday.

1 Like

Yodel delivered a package to my house today, lent out of van window and launched it up over the cars up the drive and landed on my door step, luckily it was only clothes mind you but I watched it happen out the bedroom window and It just made my day haha

1 Like

Bought of a copy of ā€˜Sight Unseenā€™ off eBay today for a tenner. I donā€™t even own a VHS player but couldnā€™t resist regardless.

5 Likes

Their delivery style is much like that coronavirus or not

They can get away with it now ennit haha

The washers I need for the Les Paul arrived today.
Fixed the knackered tuning key, strung it, set intonation and itā€™s all go.
Really happy with it.

4 Likes

Always wanted a Les Paul but cannot justify it, I am truly crap and my Squier is good enough

Found this one cheap, probably because of the faults I found that the previous owner wasnā€™t brave enough to fix.
I have a Squier.
It was shite but I swapped the bridge and sustain block for Fender parts, changed the pickups but it could really do with some better tuners.
Itā€™s set up with a floating trem too which I found fun to learn how to do.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul, pretty much the only guitar Iā€™ve ever played so its all I know.
Just this week bought a Fender player Strat, wanted something that would sound good playing all different genres, cant wait for it to turn up, hoping for an ultra lock down where Iā€™m forced to stay inside and play all day.

1 Like

Which model of Epi LP have you got?
There are loads of varying levels.
The one I got is a Studio which is the same as the Standard without all the visually pleasing bits like white trim around the body and the fancy fret inlays.
Iā€™d never tried one until I got it.
Immediately noticed how much more narrow a strat neck is.
I like both in different ways.

So have Gibson fully gone under now? Crazy how much the quality of Gibson varied in recent years

Not sure where they anymore are with all the lawsuits and counter lawsuits and so on.

Les Paul Goth, I got it probably 16 years ago and picked it purely because I thought it looked cool only really played punk over the years so wasnt really thinking about tone.
Played on and off over the years (I skate a lot so no time) but playing more recently due to permanently having at least 1 injury so actually learning to play properly, scales etc
Whats your regular set up you play and what kind of stuff do you usually play??
Never been much of a gear/tone nerd but getting into it atm

Gibson have been shocking for a long time. Canā€™t say I have ever been a fan of gibson, just far too chunky in every way. Iā€™d say some epiā€™s are not that far behind gibson in quality. You can make most cheaper guitars way better by just swapping tuners, fret flat and dress and setup. Pups are pretty subjective and usually the diference is pretty minimal, only if you feel they are too muddy you should swap them out unless you want a specific sound of course. For that Les paul sort of vibe I use a 1977 Yamaha SG, slimmer neck, always get lower action and itā€™s quirkier looking. They were dubbed Les paul killers anyway in the 70s.

Iā€™ve seen the Goth ones while researching before buying one.
I like the Yamaha electro acoustic that I have very much.
Have a Pacifica that I stripped and rebuilt as well as the aforementioned Squier and LP.
I play whichever I feel like picking up at the time really.
Iā€™m only just learning to play properly too with scales etc, like yourself.
As for what I play, just whatever I can figure out or fit into a tune I might be making at the time.
Itā€™s good fun.
The LP has the best sounding pickups out my bunch though so it might be what I grab first when working on something.
The acoustic rings out though and is nice to have immediately around if an idea comes to mind.

Dunno man, big fan of LPs. My teacher back in high school had a 60s LP that must be worth a small house currently. It was the lushest guitar Iā€™ve ever played

I have a modern LP with the auto tuner thing and I love it. Play a lot of rock and metal thatā€™s in different tunings and itā€™s perfect for my laziness

Some people are totally LP dudes, itā€™s a classic no doubt, just never been my thing.
Same with teleā€™s, never wanted one because I canā€™t stand to hold that log but that sound, is amazing. Eventually I built a tele shaped guitar out of perspex and put some proper old fender tele pups in and thatā€™s perfect for me. Has a strat style neck too so it can be hung up, teleā€™s are a pain to hang up.

1 Like

Two things that seem to make a big difference, especially with cheaper guitars, is to change the sustain block, even if that means changing the whole bridge.
The cheap guitars have shitty slim zinc blocks.
Swap that for a proper heavy steel one and the feel changes as they weigh more while the overall tone improves quite a bit too.
The second, I almost forgot, is the shitty plastic nut.