Stoked!

That’s awesome! I’d love to build something but again, the lazy is strong. I’ve had a fair few different guitars over the years, the LP replaced an ESP flying V that looked ridiculous, it was bright gold and almost the same height as me, great fun for chugging away on though

Got a PRS I really like. Really like the company

I quite fancy a tele. Never even held one but there’s a certain appeal and the sound is certainly unique.

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Mate I cannot stress enough, I am short, it was huuuge. Extended fret board and everything. Bright gold. It was glam as fuck and I have zero regrets

v’s are huge though, I always wanted a randy rhoads when I first started but the are awkward to sit with.

1 Like

Not sure if you are aware or even interested, slight departure from guitar talk momentarily but the Sennheiser website has a free 8d sound vst for download. Ambeo Orbit.
Back to guitars, interesting conversation.

ah nice, It’s not something I knew much about but when mentioned the other day, it looked interesting. DLing it, will try it out.

100%, sitting down you have to play them like a classical

Its interesting.
I popped it onto an effects bus to test and it was rather interesting shifting the mid and sides only around.

If fucking love a Brent Hinds Flying V, they look so cool. I’d never use it tho.

Really missing my strat, I sold it when I moved house to make some space and bought a used Dot and i miss the versatility. Spent my whole life with a trem and now I keep reaching for it and there’s nothing there :frowning:

If I were to buy a Tele I’d get a 72 deluxe, they’re sexy.

2 Likes

This is why I sold my V. Became a bit cumbersome to keep around

I’ve been missing out on trem from playing a LP for all these years, been playing a lot of surf recently and just isnt right without one. Was tempted to buy a Jaguar just because they look so sick but figured a strat would be best in the long run because its so versatile.

1 Like

What kind of amps are people using, I play through a emulator pedal so I can use earphones (live in a mid terrace) and not spend loads on pedals, defo not as good as the real thing.
If anyone here used headphones anyone got any recommendations as mine arent great.

I use a Blackstar tube amp. Lovely sound quality at low volumes

Yo we should really make a separate guitar thread and stop spamming the stoked thread

We did have a thread on the old forum, I remember posting some of my builds.
I have sort of gone off piste amp wise as i’m not playing live in a band anymore so while I still use my Mesa boogie I got a Kemper last year. Really really surprised me and so versatile for the studio. I also have a tiny blackstar to play in the house.

1 Like

Go in to PC through a Focusrite and use THU.

Power washed the garden patio and house walls today.

Lovely stuff.

3 Likes

Wish I could do ours. No pressure washer or outside tap. We are rented so kind of think what would be the point because the fence is falling apart, and if we washed the yard it would still look crap. A must for our next house though!

I made a stencil and did our wheelie bins. For the font I went for the scifi mainstay of Eurostile Bold Extended.

3 Likes