Stoked!

Saw the physio, he wasn’t sure that what is wrong with my ligaments can be entirely rectified by physiotherapy and has scheduled an MRI scan.
I’m certainly not lacking in strength, just the lack of mobility in the joint and a sudden clunk when it reaches a particular angle.
Physio won’t repair a torn ACL or separate the ACL that is fused to the PCL.

I saw 3 physios, the last one was private and said ‘Your ankle’s cooked’ and referred me to a private ankle surgeon for consultations but got the actual op done by him on the NHS. In his words ‘You just got to wait a bit longer and the food’s not as good’. Bear it in mind if you need an operation.

1 Like

Just got blocked on Facebook by my bigoted uncle!

FUCK YES.

5 Likes

Haha. I target my ads on Facebook to the over 60’s.

I bet I know exactly what his Facebook wall looks like.

I know, too because he’d repost everything.

I really pissed him off a few months ago…He posts a load of those “[muslim person] did x. share if you think they should be hung” things.
So, I posted a photo of two soldiers to his wall and told him that they’d been denied pension in the UK because some muslim pressure group in Afghanistan had won the UK government over. He went nuts.

I gave it a day or so until I pointed out that it was actually a photo of Robson and Jerome playing their roles in Soldier, Soldier.

He did genuinely post a photo of a bloke in a turban who had allegedly burnt a british girl alive for eating a bacon sandwich in front of him. I kinda recognised the guy, though.
Turns out it was a character from Harry Potter played by a British actor. I think that is the only post he ever removed from his timeline once I pointed it out.

Facebook sucks but at least I know my family a little better for it. Dick.

2 Likes

Quality.

What’s that old joke…just installed an app on my phone that lets me know if my friends and family are racist, it’s called facebook.
Could also to apply to letting you know if they are narcissists, it’s called instagramzzzz

It’s sunny outside, I went to the skatepark at lunchtime and my ollies are getting slightly better.

You guys know this is a high ollie zone?

1 Like

Damn, I’m contributing to a global problem!

This afternoon we were sat in the back garden.
We have a bird box that is annually inhabited by blue tits mounted to our shed wall.
I love seeing wildlife in our own back garden.
So while watching them flying back and forth delivering food to the chicks in there, something odd happened.
My Mrs noticed that as one of the parents left, it was carrying one of its chicks but dropped it in a strawberry bush near the fence before just sitting there in a bit of a panic before just flying off away from the box.
We waited until it had flown off before going to check it out but sure enough, there was a little barely feathered blue tit chick.
I decided the best thing to do would be to pop it back through the hole of the box.
For a while, there was no sign of the parent and the usually busy sounding box was silent.
I started looking up how to hand rear chicks and felt really worried about it.
Anyway, here comes the stoke.
A little while later the parent did return and we heard several chicks all chirping away again.
From then on, the parent was busy as usual flying off, picking up some snacks and delivering them to her little ones.

Another thing while I am on the wildlife in the garden thing, I was outside having a smoke the other evening and heard this really weird snuffling noise coming from up the end of the lawn.
I tracked it down and discovered a pair of hedgehogs who have been back every night since.

4 Likes

Or maybe the other chicks in the box thought you were delivering food and ate their sibling…

In summer in my in-laws place in Finland I can sit out and read a book in the midnight twilight. After a while, the hedgehogs come out. They’re noisy alright! Pretty cool to follow about too.

I recall long and light nights like that in Sweden.

my 7 year old learnt to drop in yesterday. finally seems to have decided that boarding might be better than scooting

1 Like

It’s a common misconception the scent of a human would scare the parent birds off but it’s not the case. Birds are really devoted parents.

If you see a chick out of the nest you can place it back in glad you took initiative.

Props mush. I love birds, can you tell?

My back garden is like an aivery at times!

1 Like

W-hay…

Soz

Does Chuck not try and get them?

My feeders are set too high for him!

1 Like

Finally launched our new website at work. 2 Years work, I’ve been on the project 10 months.

Really stoked on how it came out. www.huntsoffice.co.uk

5 Likes

Boom! Told you when you were down about it before, feels so great when release day comes and you can see the result. Nice work!

Edit - maybe I didn’t say anything. But definitely meant to…

1 Like

Thanks Snurp and those with kind PMs!