Stoked!

Dover?

Lol’d.

Finished making a pretend skateboard in Blender. Quite pleased. Might play on a real one now.

3 Likes

That looks so good. Are you learning all this for fun or for work?

Thanks man! Just for fun, used to do it years ago and got the urge to get back into it.

Went skating yesterday and vowed to re learn cab flips. Managed to get a sketchy 270 with heinous tack out but I’ll take it.

11 Likes

Definitely benefits of having the sea on your doorstep. I run passed our local beach every morning and it still stokes me out. I do miss being a bit more in the mix of things though. Swings and roundabouts!

1 Like

Grew up by a beach and it’s great having an end to the town. How it just stops and there’s not just another town or something.

2 Likes

Living on the edge!

3 Likes

Growing up in a landlocked country was cool and I love the mountains but seas and oceans are what’s up. Large bodies of water are good for the soul.
I remember staying at @chasone’s a long long time ago, took a day trip to Brighton, hadn’t seen a sea in about 15 years. Found a Ted The Workman doll on the beach that day, think I still have it.
I live by one of the biggest lakes in Europe and fucking love it.

#mandatoryinstalink

5 Likes

Those Swiss lakes are like inland seas. You’re doing okay there with them.

We don’t have many that are really big but yeah, they’re dope and I’m not complaining at all.

Do you swim in it often?

I do every once in a while, some people do every day. I love swimming but it’s kinda hard to find a lovely, quiet place by the lake during the summer holidays. Fuck relaxing with screaming children around…
I actually cut my feet open hitting some rocks in it this past Sunday but my feet seem ok, we’ll see when I’ll try to skate later today.

Ace! My favourite trick of all time, bar kickflip. I can do them at the drop of a hat but they are awful. Love to get back outside and get a decent one.

It is a great trick. Plus when you’ve got it, it’s only a little bit more work to nail the fakie bigger flip, and then you’re basically PJ Ladd.

2 Likes

I live right on Dublin Bay, really lucky to have the place I do. Epic vista like this from my balcony with at least 6 x year round swimming spots within 5-15mins cycle away (some better for sunrise, some better for sunset swims), along with a handful of decent parks, skatespots and general lifestyle radness nearby.

12 Likes

Cheers! That was April, so they’re all a good deal more luxuriant at this stage, despite facing north.

1 Like

Fuck yes. Skateboarding.

Relearnt a load more stuff and thoroughly enjoyed a good cruise around my local park, even if there was a little fat kid being an irritating twunt.

5 Likes

Filmed a trick I learned just before lockdown at a spot that you can never skate until now. It’s quite nice to be at the other side of the lens.

Started to make progress with my full length vid, too.

4 Likes