Stoked!

I still start my days like this!

years ago on the old sidewalk forum someone (whos name I canā€™t remember) gave me a brand new set of rictas after donating to a fundraiser they did.

I never used them and they got lost as shit moved round in the house. Found them today while tidying the spare room, 10 minutes before my new deck arrived!

Absolutely buzzing.

5 Likes

Are they still white?

Theyā€™ll sound like plastic.

1 Like

Yep. Still white.

Spanky sent me some rictas for something I helped out with on the old forum. Iā€™m guessing Spanky sent them!

1 Like

Spanky getting rid of his shite sponsor proddy.

1 Like

Yeah those Rictas probably werenā€™t from my own pocket, I think we got Shiner or someone to donate some proddy for giveaways, canā€™t remember now, it was a long time ago

1 Like

I put some prints on Etsy if anybodyā€™s into it - StringsOfLifeStudio - Etsy UK

6 Likes

Sweet chair in the window! What make is it?

1 Like

Replica Eames chair FTW!

4 Likes

The real one at work is amazing. I think I miss that the most about furlough.

Always wanted one, donā€™t have the room for one though, maybe when the kids have fucked off iā€™ll grab one to spend my last few years of life in. What a perfect ending to work towards.

2 Likes

I went to check - Iā€™ve got Rhythm is a Mystery on 12"

Which reminds that records are trendy, might have to photo some of them for 'da gram dab

1 Like

cycled to the skatepark & had a full on 3 hour session whilst boozing then stopped for a pint at my favourite pub on the way home. iā€™m in an intense amount of pain but absolutely 100% worth it

6 Likes

The extra legs a few beers gives you is so worth it ha!

2 Likes

A mate of mine who is young enough to have grown up as part of the social media generation (and weird/skilled enough to love mental flip tricks) has just become Reviveā€™s first UK rider.

I know the brand isnā€™t ā€œcoolā€ to us over 40ā€™s who remember the 90ā€™s but for a lad from a small mining village in west Yorkshire, in an age where domestic sponsorship is essentially a thing of the past, I think itā€™s amazing heā€™s been able to vlog himself onto one of the worldā€™s biggest selling brands.

ā€œStokedā€ doesnā€™t come close to covering it!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame. All their riders are half decent but none are good enough for traditional sponsorship. The industry was hooking up far too many people as it was over the past how many years but this just lowers the bar even more.
When everyone is pro, no one will be pro. Totally lost itā€™s importance and sheen.
I clicked on one of their vids the other night out of curiosity but the title ended up a total clickbait lie. Title was something like ā€œmost progressive skating in Santa cruz everā€ and it was just sub par skaters playing skate in the streets, barely landing basic tricks and looking like they just started skating, which is fine, people like to see messing about but it wasnā€™t what they said it was going to be. I know, what was I expecting? But this is just shite and shows how fake and desperate for recognition these dudes are.

Iā€™m stoked your mate is stoked but honestly, if heā€™s good enough for sponsorship and he is looking for kudos maybe he should look somewhere else, unless heā€™s looking for quick boosts from those online notifications.

Edit: sounds cunty but itā€™s not aimed at your mate, just revive and those online kooks.

3 Likes

Are you sure it was Revive? Coz, as kiddie centric the brand focus is, most of the team are genuinely ā€œgood,ā€ just in need of a little direction to be less kooky.

And, TBH, in the modern world, itā€™s as good a board sponsor as you can hope for - their whole model is based around pushing the individual skaterā€™s youtube, which in turn advertises the brand. Most of the lads on the team are pulling in well in excess of $100k a year from this alone, plus the brand pays them.

As much as you or I arenā€™t buying the boards, Death and The National riders arenā€™t making that with the standard model.

John Hill is good enough for sponsorship to be fair. He was on Birdhouse before Revive. Iā€™m not sure how somebody like Andy Shrock gets a pro part though? Itā€™s all based on Youtube and money basically. If they hadnā€™t have made money through subscribers etc. then they wouldnā€™t be on Revive.

A guy I know bought a Revive board but heā€™s in his early twenties. I donā€™t understand why you would get a Revive board.

Nah it was Braille but itā€™s the same thing deal.
If you feel that them making money like that is justifying their content then thatā€™s your opinion. I donā€™t personally. Itā€™s fine to make money, make a living but be moreā€¦ I donā€™t know what the word isā€¦ oh well, itā€™s not important right now, iā€™m eating.