Stoked!

Marcus McBride did the best trick there and it wasn’t even from the top step.

He did a heel flip off 3rd and it’s one of best heel flips ever done. Think it’s in an FTC video.

3 Likes

Found it.

1:54

https://youtu.be/Orf91xvAM4Y

2 Likes

Just heard that Sly Stone tune on the radio and thought of that FTC montage, then came on here to see it posted. Nice.

Got out of work early today after been evacuated due to workmen digging up an unexploded world war bomb a couple of 100m away from my work.

4 Likes

fucking hell man fair play

Some Brexiteers probably just buried it.

1 Like

Haha Maybe…

They turn up every few yearss in that area… Thousands were made there in the second world war until a fire put an end to that BIG style.

1 Like

More bombs found over night. No work for me today… Stoooooooooked.

6 Likes

Been working from home at half capacity lately, what with my Dad having a couple of health episodes landing him in hospital, my grandmother passing away last weekend, my almost 3yr old demanding my attention for large portions of the day and general fatigue / anxiety with this whole covid / lockdown stuff.
The stoke?
Still managed to get some recognition and a bonus for some internal apps development I’ve taken on.
It has saved the company paying for some software that would never be utilised to its full capacity while making use of tools and software that is already available to us that again, is not being used to its full potential.
It is part of centralising data and like the period where offices moved to being paperless, this is my advancement on that, to have people use spreadsheets far less as they are the new office mess.

6 Likes

Nice one Mush.

What’s the latest on mother in law?

Shit, that too.
We stopped receiving letters that were being received fairly regularly.
I’ve no idea what’s going on there in all honesty.
So no change really, that I am aware of.

Yeah totally… They were great days when something like that happened at school. All is sorted here now, back to work tomorrow.

not really stoked more just an interesting fact (paging @42069666) , about 7 years back we started skating behind this leisure centre in sunderland, was some sheltered smooth flat out of the way, some wallrides on the side just a decent chill spot:

if you follow any northerners on instagram you might have seen a couple photos recently of some crooks/noseslides on a fairly tall ledge that looks like it’s in a ditch. the first half of the spot that got skated years ago was demolished end of 2013 leading into 2014 (Report - - Crowtree Leisure Centre - Oct 2013 - | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk) and the second half of it never really got skated after that since it was a pretty slim area compared to the old part.

Was down there the other day just fucking around and my friend mentioned his dad used to work there, and something about the structure of the roof being the largest in the UK/built or designed in Canada. Seemed interesting so I looked it up, turns out it had the largest one piece roof in Europe at the time, used 15 miles of steel tubes, weighed 8000 tonnes, equivalent size of 3 football pitches and the structual design for it was so complex that NASA’s space computer in Houston was used for the design. The roof itself was assembled on the floor and then jacked up into position.

Probably not that interesting reading it back, I just find it cool looking at the history of spots.

4 Likes

@dontcomply that’s really cool to hear about. I’m gutted I never got to break into the old pool before it got knocked down, used to go there every week and learned to swim there too.

Weird how one area had so many different wallride spots to skate too, haha. Used to love skating those side bits because it smelled of chlorine.

I saw that they had turned the top of the long stairs into a plaza spot too, that’s really cool. I grew up in a house just 10 mins walk from there.

3 Likes

@42069666 We actually did end up breaking into the pool one day, someone randomly pried open one of the fire escape doors with a pair of fucking scooter handlebars, we went in and the workmen didn’t really give a shit, went to the pool and our dreams were quickly dashed when we realized there was absolutely 0 transition on the walls of it. Least I have the claim to fame of doing a kickflip in it :joy: Got booted out shortly after as some kid (who I think is some relation/friend of the family to you, steven trafford?) ended up slicing his hand on some glass in the diving section.

Yeah the new Plaza thing is pretty rad, saw it being built around February time. Bit of an oddity spot as the floor on the inside is pretty smooth, and the ledges inside it despite being some weird rough material are pretty decent to skate, yet the floor that surrounds it is horrible and the ledges around it which would probably be the best to skate have been stopped. Hoping to see some tricks up and over the 3 block into it, I know it’s been ollied already so hopefully some cool shit will go down.

1 Like

Been busy in work and loads of new things have been cropping up where I’ve had to learn new systems (or mainly pick up on parts I have learned about, but just working with them more)

Plus home working is pretty rad, to be honest.

Oh and the local indoor park’s opened back up, so enjoying a few seshes there recently.

5 Likes

Yesterday was my father’s death 10th anniversary. I’m not really one to celebrate much but I went skating and started building a grind box, which I had never done. I’m not a handy man per se but I think I did a decent job. Looking forward to finishing that and skating the thing. Always dreamt of having my own grind box!

Did my second tattoo today, on a mate. It came out alright. Needs a few touch ups, we’ll see about that when it’ll be healed in a month. Some other people are up for giving skin for me to practice on, but I’m quite scared as they’re kinda hot girls and I don’t want them to look like prisoners in the 40s, haha.

Stoked on experiencing and learning. I think my father would be pretty happy to see how I’m doing now and it makes me happy. He used to skate on a banana board (which I still have) (heart emoji) in the 70s and was always stoked to see me being creative and doing things. RIP Old Man. Love ya.

17 Likes

Sorry for the long post. I’m equally exhausted and high on life after the tattoo (and a few beers). Hope you guys are alright. Love y’all.

1 Like

stoked for you man. the box looks good so far, in my experience you want them to be quite heavy if possible so that they don’t move for things like nose slides. what are you using for the coping?

what’s it like doing a tattoo on someone? does the gun “write” like a pen if it has a thin needle?

I don’t know what I’m using yet. I’ve only done the framing so far. Gonna ask some mates about what’s best for the coping (if anyone on here knows, any advice is welcome, ta!).

It’s kinda terrifying the first time, kinda terrifying the second time. Pretty intense, but very interesting! It’s totally different from using a pen as skin isn’t flat and you have to hold the gun differently too. I’ve been drawing since I was a kid and kinda have to unlearn that to draw on skin now, if that makes sense. Plus every skin is different and every tattoo gun is different too. It’s definitely a unique craft and there’s no real way to learn apart from practicing.