Stoked!

I guess what I’m trying to ask is like, does it “pull” across the skin like a pen on paper?

Coping wise I guess it really depends on what’s available. Like I say weight is good so I’d try to find some heavy steel that’s like powder coated for longevity

Not at all!

Thanks, I’ll try to find something like that! :partying_face:

Mild steel for coping mate

3 Likes

What’s different about mild steel?

Softest of the low carbon steels , it has give and wears nicely for trucks. Anything harder the edge will eat trucks and is harder to cut when building with .

1 Like

Oh that’s really interesting. I wonder what the steel on my ledge is. All I know is that it’s coated

Most steel off the shelf is mild steel , very common, so probably that coated.

3 Likes

Thanks pal!

You’re not gonna show us what you drew on someone?

I didn’t even take pictures, as weird as that sounds in 2020! Will do soon.

Might tattoo again next week. Hyped.

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s in your style of drawings?

It is, yes.

1 Like

spent about 8 hours trying since then but finally landed the cunt tonight

buzzing lads

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to repair/ refurb the pond yacht I had as a kid. It was my Dad’s when he was a boy before it was mine. It’s been sitting in a box unused and not thought about for years now. It’s going to need new rigging and I’ll have to make some sails. A bit of varnishing and painting and I’ll be off to befriend the little old men at the local model boating lake.

That’s all a bit of a tangent from what I actually came here to post. I found the boat, but in the process also found this

I remember being stoked when it came through the mail, (at some point in ‘79). National Geographic World was a favourite when I was a kid. I loved nature and travel. When this arrived it combined two those things with my new found love of skateboarding. The article is about an American kid who accompanied his Dad on a business trip to China in 1978 and takes his board with him. It was inspiring. Skateboarding wasn’t something that could just be done in the driveway or the street outside your house - it could be done anywhere. My skateboard went everywhere with me from that point onwards. Nothing’s changed in over 40 years.

7 Likes

Was in a super shit mood all weekend then went out for a cruise while the kid rode her bike and now back home feeling ten times better. Serotonin on four wheels!

9 Likes

Just copped Mr Dibb’s Primitive Tracks for a tidy amount.

'appy days.

1 Like

Nice! I recall paying IR£20 for it in Tower Records in 2000. CDs have always been painfully expensive in Ireland for some bullshit reason.

1 Like

Cost + VAT from my work at the time for the LP. It’s not as good without the skating, so this’ll definitely be (NM or M-).

1 Like

Just got asked if I wanted to do a daily drawing for the New York Times every day in December.

30 Likes

Ok but can you do one for us too please?

1 Like