Supreme FW19

Yeah they did that Nike shoe thing. The thing that was like a little sensor that went in the sole of your Nike shoe to count your steps or something. I bought one for my wife.

They do a Nike Apple Watch too. And didn’t they do a Louis Vuitton one too?

I seem to remember RED branded iPods as well, the charity thing

Urgh yeah Bono.

There was an Apple TV ad where there was a box logo sticker on a laptop. Like what folk do. There must have been some kind of agreement somewhere for that to happen.

Oh yeah here it is. Featuring a typical cross-section of Apple users and a description of what Apple users typically get up to on their Apple products.

Some animated kids advert on tv had the same thing too.

If Supreme can get done by LV for those rips then go on to do a real collab that went mental, I really think in some shape or form we could see a Supreme one oneday. I don’t know what though?
Those airpods quite trendy, maybe a supreme box logo on the case? That sort of thing? I don’t think we will see a box logo on a MacBook Pro though, think it would only be an accessory.(Watch that get quoted in a few years when the supremebook pro is on resell for 40k)

SF vid up on Thrasher at 10am Cali time, I am told.

2 Likes

So that should be 6pm here.

Up on IG for now. For the keen-sighted.

1 Like

YES.

Video is fucking sick. Preferred it to Blessed.

I think that’s the first time I’ve watched a full length on IGTV (then saw it was on Strobeck’s YouTube channel). No doubt will watch it again. Good energy in there.

@anon83623327 Are they making physical copies? (I’ve got them all so far, including Love Supreme VHS).

Doubt it’d be available to buy since it’s on t’Tube already. Would probably have been for sale yesterday if it was, at a massive guess.

Just watched it properly and it’s very enjoyable. Obviously designed to do the job of connecting Supreme’s brand to edgy woke weed-smoking teens as much as anything, but still good.

Having said that I still think Bill should zoom out. It means you can’t see the skater’s style at all. It’s really noticeable in the downhill sections where people skate fast enough to get away from him. Those are loads better. Everyone on Supreme needs to skate faster to get away from Bill.

I liked the EMB section though, and the Funkdoobiest soundtrack was a nice nostalgic choice. Overall best recent Supreme vid but I still like the black and white first one best, the one that was like a Stereo vid.

didn’t stop magee

1 Like

I believe that was Palomino’s doing (which was rad), not Magee and Parrott. And I bought the USB of that after travelling up from Cornwall to the premiere. I’m a pack rat and still like to have physical things!

Man, imagine any of those guys posted here?!

1 Like

Can’t watch some skaters in it, Bill’s filming was extreme and horrible to watch most of the time. I guess you could call it exciting if you want?
Some of the skaters are rad though and had some real gold and I really love watching the new style emb footage too. Definite highlights.

Tried to watch it.

If this was a tv show or a film or an advert for McDonalds that had skating in, it would probably be filmed like this and we’d criticise the cinematographer for it for not knowing how to properly capture skateboarding. But cos it’s Strobeck and Supreme, it’s a vibe, and so it’s ok.

It’s like he can’t film anything between the knees and the shoulders. The shot of Tyshawn doing the inward heel, it’s literally just his feet in the frame, hanging there. That is bad filming.

1 Like

I feel the same but then I had a revelation. Bear with me on this…

Being on a Supreme vid is great for a skater’s career…they’re a mega mainstream brand. However all that exposure comes at a price…they could hold footage to ransom and put huge pressure on skaters like Kader who want to deliver great stuff for their real skate sponsors. This could cause conflict and put Supreme in a position of being a negative influence within skateboarding. Not what a cool brand does.

Solution - Put any old footage in the Supreme vid. Filmed by Bill and wearing the correct outfit it delivers everything Supreme need to deliver to their target demographic and leaves Kader unencumbered by a requirement to deliver ground-breaking footy which can be saved for the Baker vid.

It’s a selfless and community spirited act on behalf of Supreme and explains why they butcher everything so mercilessly.