The Bunt

Yeah a bit repetitive from his side that one; this bull, that bull, young bull, it is what it is, it is what it is…

Late to the party but I just listened to the final episode of season 12 with Carlos Ribeiro and really enjoyed it. Dude is so sound and seems like the kind of guy you’d be really stoked to have on your team were you a company owner. Super professional and zero attitude. Total dedication. Legend.

7 Likes

I really, really liked that bit where he said that he tries to do a trick whenever a kid sees him skating down the street as seeing an older guy magically do a trick on a skateboard is what sparked his interest for skating back when he was a wee.

4 Likes

The latest Bunt with Rattray is really good and pretty heavy in parts too. The stories of the transitions between sponsors were interesting to hear even if it all sounded fairly normal at the same time.

3 Likes

I really liked it. You could look at him being all “Wow, he skated for Blueprint then had a career in Cali and now lives in Portland, he’s been living the dream for decades” but it didn’t feel that way to him and it was interesting to hear why. I wish they asked him about The Predatory Bird and all the mental health stuff (Why So Sad, The Good Egg and all those missions to raise money) more but it was great anyway.

I listened to it on my way to the skatepark and did a shifty and some 360 flips there. :nerd_face: :joy:

1 Like

Some really crazy stories in this!

4 Likes

ha, yes.
sponsored by Flip at 11 is the least of it

2 Likes

Stalker story is mental. Poor dude!

Yeah that was really scary, it’s the sort of thing that could happen to anyone and clearly he demonstrated that it’s very hard to stop.

7 Likes

For once the questions and chat at the end were way better than the first part.

Defo not a “barn burner” this one. Absolute snooze-fest!

Not the greatest of starts but I’m happy that they’re back. Hoping for a Knox or Ryan Gallant episode this season.

Gallant’s been on already

2 Likes

Oops! I listen to too much pod! Must have forgotten this one completely. Will re-listen! :facepunch:t2:

The latest one with Jack Curtin is a very good listen, some very well delivered questions and funny airport tales.

2 Likes

Yeah the smuggling shit was too funny

1 Like

Just about to dive into this Donny Barley episode.

Struggled with this one. His voice is very boring. Might be skipping straight through to the Post Office!

I know what you mean but the stories were good, it sounds that golden era of Toy Machine was all about them urging each other on even when they were skating in quite different ways.

1 Like