The Computer/Software/Marketing Help Thread

I don’t know what happens at the end stage as I’ve always used a third party media company to actually sort out the technical part of serving the ad, but you can use either Google Web Builder to create an ad (or code it yourself) and then serve it on the Google Display Network, or you could use the Sizmek network to do the same. Think they’re owned by Amazon now.

Both have web bases drag and drop builders if you can’t code or use Adobe software.

Basically you build the ad, export it, you get a code and then that code it used to signify the ad on the network. But I don’t know how you do the bit past exporting it, sorry.

Be cool if you could swipe on the back

1 Like

Did anyone check out the new Apple silicon macs announced last night?
They seem to be promising a lot, 3 x faster etc, without any real solid benchmarks or figures.
They are starting off with the entry level computers at the moment, (Air, Mac Mini & 13inch Pro) I’m not sure if it is the limitations of the chip, but they are all limited to 16GB RAM and 2 thunderbolt ports, which is a little underwhelming.
I’m really interested how fast they feel in person, and how well Rosetta 2 works with existing X86 apps.

Well that’s a no thanks from me.

Is there any way to recover a Word document that was closed without being saved? Nothing I’ve Googled is helping…

There might be an autosave version somewhere, assuming it’s enabled. I don’t use Word personally (Libre Office instead) but if a) you’re on Windows and b)it’s enabled, try digging around in the App Data folder -
C:\Users\Your Name Here\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user

1 Like

Sorry, I’m on iOS. Thought it would be saved online in OneDrive, but nope.

Fuck fuck fuck.

Cheers though.

Do you have Time machine set up?

1 Like

I haven’t backed up in 58 days.

Just started it again.

God-fucking-damnit.

A question for video editing people from a beginner.

I’ve been asked to provide a video as a pro-res 444 file. If I export from Media Encoder as a H.264 mov, will this automatically be pro-res 444, or do I have to change some settings?

Do you mean 4444?

Possibly?

Edit. Yes, 4444, the apple Codec

I think you need to choose Apple Prores as the format and 4444 as the preset. Although mine doesn’t have 4444 as an option, I think it’s a fairly recent addition. Does yours?

I only seem to have ProRes 422 in the present browser panel

Ah ok I’ve got it now. Yeah I have the option under preset (I hadn’t changed the format to QuickTime).

Whoops, yeah that’ll do it

Hi, hope everyone’s alright.

Have been asked to make a website with a landing page (if that’s the right term) that shows a promo page the first time you visit only, then on return visits just sends you to the normal home page. I’m using Wordpress. Anyone got any tips? DANKE!

I used this free plugin to make a popup notice for my site and could set it so it would only appear once using cookies. Maybe you could use this or a similar one to make a massive overlay that covers the whole page or something

Of course cookies aren’t a fail-safe way of making sure people only see the page once but I’m not sure there’s any other method. If people frequently clear their cache or use private browsing or something then they’re going to keep seeing it.

1 Like

What a very peculiar need.

Can you explain more?