The Computer/Software/Marketing Help Thread

Cheers but I seem to have got them to forget that for now

How’s your Wordpress in general? I thought I was pretty doing pretty well with it but this last job has been a bit of a stress

Nice one! cheers

Anyone have any experience with Instagram Shopping. I’m trying to help a local shop that keeps getting denied.
1st thought it was because their shop was on a free domain through their Izettle POS acc and their site on Squarespace.
I added the shop to a subdomain on the same address as the site and streamlined their Facebook shop, but still getting the error ‘Products Unavailable on Your Website’
When the FB shopping feed is direct from the webstore?

Anyone had any experience coding into the liquid. theme on Shopify?

Scared to attack it, need to change something so that instead of each price being £120.

It needs to be: £120 .ex VAT

I have developer support on my theme but I need it done ASAP. Thought I’d ask just incase.

Any good?

Mines slightly different I think because it’s a 3rd Party Theme. Will have another read again, brain fried today.

VPN recommendations anybody? My ExpressVPN account is due for renewal soon and it’s been super flakey for things like Iplayer/MOTD over the past few months, but it’s fine for international flavours of Netflix though. Still thinking of swapping for Nord, which is currently $75 for the next 2 years, compared to $100 per year with ExpressVPN.

Nord has worked much better for me with Android TV and Kodi. Also if you let the 30 day trial lapse they come at you with amazing offers for a week or two after.

edit: PSA for footy streamers - Just want to say how good the football streams are on Kodi, really worth giving that avenue a try sometime.

2 Likes

Cheaper than €3.15 per month?

I just resubbed to Nord for another 3 years as they gave me a great deal. Can’t really complain about their service/product.

Still doesn’t work with iplayer but I think that’s specifically the BBC, as it’s fine with most other things

1 Like

I got Nord to work with iplayer using the iplayer add-on in kodi. ExpressVPN did not do the trick. Interface of the kodi add on sucks though.

1 Like

Never managed to get ExpressVPN working with Netflix off my phone onto a Chromecast. Always have to go via a laptop. There’s definitely a way to do this through the router or something.

yep you can set this all up via your router - it’s a little more tricky obviously, but all the reputable VPN providers have good tutorials and surprisingly good customer support.

I use PIA, has been great for the last 4 years I’ve used it. Chrome extension is good

I have a VPN that I’ve been using for a year or so, I don’t turn it on very often but it’s always seemed fine. The last few days I’ve been streaming a bunch so have had it on most of the day and since this morning it’s suddenly gone super slow, just did a speed test which came out at 200kb. If I switch servers it’s fine for about 5 minutes then the same thing happens again. Is my ISP on to me and throttling it or something?

does it only happen on your wifi? Any other new network devices? All I can think is there might be some traffic shaping/prioritisation going on which is hobbling your bandwidth

Had a chat with a work mate having the exact same issues today.

My PC is connected by ethernet cable and it’s the only thing that uses the VPN.

I just ran a speed test and got 210 mbps while the VPN was running. Then opened utorrent and ran it again immediately, it’s now 1mpbs. Seems either utorrent is fucking up my connection speed which doesn’t sound right, or my ISP is on to me and throttling my speed when they recognise a certain type of activity.

this, Virgin started doing it years and years ago

Ah I’m on virgin, they must have only just cracked on to me. Cheers