The Computer/Software/Marketing Help Thread

What were you capturing in? I’ve had this recently, too…

I use Virtualdub (32bit over the 64bit, the latter tends to not work properly).

It can be down to the tape, the VCR or possibly the device as well, but I managed to fix the other ones by running it through Handbrake to rectify the issue.

I think you can adjust the timing settings within VDub, but that only works half of the time.

I think that I was capturing and having the same issue - but I converted the files to prores and it just fixed it.
I think it is a keyframe problem…

1 Like

Is it DV, VHS or 8mm by the way?

It’s Hi8

Ah ok. Probably the same woes as other analogue tape then perhaps, if it’s not the keyframes? Most people on forums were saying any drop in frames or dodgy tapes/VCRs or capture devices would do it, too.

Glad you managed to fix it, though. It’s annoying when it does happen since manually doing it was rather tedious work last night.

Every other time the trick with constant FPS selected in Handbrake fixed it bang on. So, that’s a shout if you haven’t tried it before.

1 Like

It probably doesn’t help V-Dub doesn’t properly pick up the device, so I can’t select anything in the ‘video source’.

Can anyone on here give me a steer on Facebook marketing?

Just before Covid hit my wife bought into a kids phonics franchise (she rents venues in her designated area and teaches phonics to pre-school kids and toddlers). It’s only been 4 months or so since she actually started and I know new business can take a while to get going, but the uptake has been really slow so far. I was wondering if targeted fb group ads might help…

I know nothing at all about this so was hoping for a clue on approx cost, how to do it, and also if it’s maybe the right way to go or not.

Only having one income coming in is proving a bit of a strain so any help really appreciated…

Anyone got any knowledge of digital signage? I’ve got a second monitor hooked up to the PC at work and want to create and automatically display content (without paying for a service) but this seems way more complicated than it should be. Tried www.digitalsignage.com which almost works but I can’t choose which sceen it displays on

You could do it in HTML and just fullscreen your browser on that window

So, how do I get rid of that great big cover image on a playlist??
It takes up so much real estate.

View>Show View Options>Show Artwork is turned OFF.

Is it now impossible to turn of cover images on a playlist?

It is even worse if you have several albums in a playlist (Which is pretty much every playlist I have).

I thought this was a mad suggestion but ended up giving it a go and learned a lot, got it looking pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Haha shit you could even have just done a PowerPoint or Google slides presentation, that would’ve been even easier

I wanted to have the flexibility to do more than just a slideshow, previously I just had the pics I wanted as the desktop background and rotated through those but I wanted to add a header, a clock, animations etc so coding it myself has worked ok so far.

1 Like

iMac won’t start up. Bit of a nightmare as I’ve got an unfinished job on there. Any ideas? It’s stuck on the loading bar

Un plug for a while, try pram 3 times, no luck, hold option on start up and select the hd to boot from.

Sounds like it’s just had a shandy’s and needs to remember the way home.

Ive also found that if I take out all usb sticks etc that can help too.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m still struggling with it… Got it on recovery mode, am trying to back stuff up… It won’t reinstall os

Does safe mode let you hit up disk utility for a disk repair?

Followed a tutorial and cobbled together an automated boolean creator in MS Excel…

We can now input a big list of company names and the code transforms it into a boolean string with “name 1” OR “name2” OR “name 3” etc. This will save us hours of time and effort.

Obvs I didn’t tell my Director’s that I found a tutorial to do it and now they think i’m a fucking matrix hacker! hahaha

5 Likes

unnamed (1)

9 Likes