The Contest Thread

That was sick.

Cali trip to Europe haha.

Semi-finals of the Rome comp are about to happen. Women then men. Churchill is presenting. Finals tomorrow.

1 Like

In the women’s semi-final, 8 out of the 16 skaters were from Japan. All aged between 13 and 18. Someone needs to investigate what they’re doing out there.

Don’t worry I’ll send Sean Goff and all his Facebook friends to investigate. They are at the fore front of what’s happening in skateboarding around the world.

11 Likes

Ha! Shit reading back my post, it sounds sus. But how is their skate programme this good?

1 Like

Cos they’re all park rats. Street skating still frowned upon in Japan . The irony they’re entering a street contest. But chase those medals and this is what you get .

1 Like

The Japanese also tend to push themselves to perfect whatever theyre doing as well so thatll probably help

Inspired by Chopper and Dal I reckon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nyjah getting out done by his Portuguese clone and in carriuma gear .cruel times

Round 3 of the UK Independent Vert Series 2022 is being live streamed from St Neots UK

edit: lol, they’ve knocked off for lunch - finals from around 3pm

Women’s finals of the Rome comp are on now. Stream in the above link.

1 Like

Aurelien is going off.

lololololol.

Don’t throw your board in the crowd and act like you’ve won until the score is in.

1 Like

Can’t work out if the hardflip late flip was underscored or not. Insane trick to do in a comp like this.

It was probably underscored a little, I would have put it in the realms of a 93/94 based on other things and how they scored. But ultimately it’s a flip trick down a drop, so there’s only so much room for scoring it compared to other tricks that have multiple parts (eg flip in/flip out tricks)

1 Like

Either way old Nigel pulled 2 bangers out the bag after him and sealed the deal .

1 Like

Hardflip late flip is never going to score massively high because it’s a bit of a stinker.

The fakie flip nosegrind - as far as I am aware - has never been done in a contest. Nor can I think of many street examples.
It’s a rare, new trick done on one of the bigger obstacles in the park.
He also did it perfectly balanced.

I think the scoring was fair.

2 Likes

The switch heel to switch krook was pretty banging too.

1 Like

Yeah, not a fan of Nigel, but he did two pretty tasteful tricks.

Aurelian also had that horrible competitive stench about him throughout the contest. Running across platforms like some kind of rabid dog.

1 Like

Also, Gustav Ribeiro looks more and more like an off brand Nyjah with each passing contest.

1 Like