The Contest Thread

Interesting mix on the street side, didn’t expect to see Louie Lopez in there also Joslin.

Can imagine Joe Public struggling to get their heads around Jagger Eaton, obviously skating to a very high ability, but the skateboard industry having zero interest him.

Also imagine Japan and Brazil’s teams to be right up there, isn’t going to leave much space for anyone else to qualify.

But the public won’t know or care about that. They’ll think Decuna is the raddest, coolest dood out.

1 Like

Japan will win street gold.

Brazil park gold.

if i become the gb team manager do i get access to the olympic village?

Was it London 2012 where they built the worlds biggest McDonald’s in the Olympic village?

Hugo are you still working in the gambling world? Do you know anything about companies putting up odds for skating? I couldn’t see them having the research done to actually make it very accurate at the moment. I hope they do though, I’ll be sticking a bit on Yuto.

There will be markets i’m sure. It will probably be on Betfair exchange which is peer to peer betting, so the odds set themselves.

Don’t expect a market to be live until a few days before the event kicks off though.

Ugh Jagger Eaton. He was arrogant. Incredibly consistent though.

The worst Tampa Pro winner ever.

I want to see Nigel win Gold just for the reaction.

When did he win it Hugo?

Wasn’t eve Pro was he? Know he recently got the boot from Plan B and DC

There is a quota of three per nation so a huge part of the battle will among the Americans themselves. They actually have 16 men in the top 38 ranked men from Rio that go forward to SLS London and SLS LA but only 3 of them will make it.

I know you mentioned the 3 per country in one of the threads on sidewalk, but I thought you mentioned only 20 in total will go to the finals at the olympics? Or have I got that confused along the way?

In Tokyo, there will be 20 skaters in men’s street and women’s street & 20 skaters in men’s park and women’s park. Out of the 20 there can be a maximum of 3 skaters from one nation. So out of their named team of 4 male street skaters, only three of them can actually make it.

But also, they’ve currently got 16 men that will be in SLS London as a result of coming in the top 38 in Rio SLS and being seeded. At that Rio event, Suciu got 5th (and 2nd highest placed American) and isn’t even on Team USA However, Jagger Eaton didn’t attend that event so if the rules are followed, he will have to take part in the Global Open Qualifiers to try and make it into SLS London.

2 Likes