The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Who would you have given it to last year instead of Milton?

Chris Cole x 2

1 Like

Is there a current full list anywhere? The ones on google/wiki only seem to go as far as 2009

Lol, I saw that but I just didn’t scroll across to the next column on my phone…

1 Like

Never really understood why Tony Trujillo won it in 2002. His ‘In Bloom’ part is decent, but he didn’t win Tampa until 2003? He wasn’t really on my radar too much growing up.

96-2001 is all time

2016 onwards is all over the shop

He was a constant in Thrasher and Transworld around In Bloom time. His win was very much ‘of the time’, much like a few other names on the list

1 Like

I thought AVE was a bit of a surprise. I suppose Propeller came out that year, which he obvs killed it in, but not sure I would have given him the nod.

You didn’t see much skating in those years though, one part and some photo’s could be enough

1 Like

Yeah so he’s still really good

7 Likes

Suciu

4 Likes

Good Apples part.

Somehow, I think his style has got better

2 Likes

Wow! Really surprised at the level of skating in the Appleyard part. That was great.

1 Like

Right! Switch tail that sketchy hubba and backside flip over that pavement gap stood out.

I really liked the flip back tail on that ledge as well, classic Apples style

Ageing pros doing (relatively) lower impact stuff with the same classic style definitely has a place alongside parts like Tiago and Milton.

It’s like he has his own gravity, set to ‘moon’

Came here to post that and say the same.

His mum is also originally from Castleford so we can claim him for Yorkshire.

7 Likes

Re: SOTY, as somebody said recently, Gonz has never had it so you know it’s meaningless. The best skateboarder of all time hasn’t been skated of the year.

Still enjoying the build up more than ever these days though. And the results.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the Appleyard part. A comment on the Slap thread asking if he’s skating at the highest level among the Sorry lineup is food for thought.

3 Likes