The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Amazing - that’s pretty cool you skated Pink Palace too. That was only there for a few months.

The transition in the circle bowl at Lockleaze was pretty mad wasn’t it? Not just no flat bottom, but it was like an upside down egg. Anti-flat. I’m sure there’s a proper mathematical geometry word to describe it!

3 Likes

I’ll be honest though, I’m a bit disappointed that Bear isn’t blind as a bat like his dad!

2 Likes

I’d forgotten Levi’s skateboarding was still a thing.

2 Likes

Cab to switch manny, 180 out was great.

In regards to the echoed sentiment of it being hard to catch his essence on film;
I’ve never seen him in real life but I’m going to imagine the back 360 nose manny at the deaner insta video that did the rounds last year is something you might witness regularly and realise you were seeing a unique, uncompromised talent in all its glory.

Hopefully I’ll get to witness it first hand on a summer trip to Bristol this year and confirm my suspicions

Edit- this:

1 Like

Yeah, what’s the deal with it? Is it only a think in Europe now?

I bought some of them a few years ago and they were perfect. I wish i could buy a couple more pairs to wear for the next few years

Just bought 2 more pairs of their work pants. Now that I’ve (finally) settled on a fit I think they’re my favourite trouser

I’ll take that as a compliment aha!! Thanks lad

4 Likes

Yes it is a compliment you are a hype man at the session.

3 Likes

That’s amazing to hear considering how good his blind part is.

I guess it was edited well and featured such a mix of fluid lines + bangers + the best ever fs invert. And filmed globally to an extent.

What is missing or was he just that good or better all the time?

This Gonz part is one of my favourites. Filmed in 87 even though it came out in 89…all this stuff is ground breaking.

4 Likes

I only found out this part existed about ten years ago or something. Clips from it were featured on UK tv when they broadcast that vert comp at Wigan(?).

I always thought it was from Barge at Will but never watched Barge at Will…then came across Mondo Vision on Youtube and there it was…the Gonz part I only knew from clips on Channel 4.

1 Like

He sounds so much like Andy Anderson in this.

This makes total sense. Can you imagine a part from 3 years of filming every day during that time?

1 Like

just reading through and was going to post this one.
part is incredible

also this much overlooked insanity inbetween Blind and Real
beyond fucked - the table to rail trick.
and the fact that 60/40 was basically Menace before Menace
EDIT

3 Likes

Some good stuff here, cheers Gents.

Don’t forget - https://ukskateforum.co.uk/t/mark-gonzales-appreciation-thread-too !!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this. The Threads (Idea Vacuum) vids are sick.

I need to come off Instagram till I can sit down probably and watch that Jake part, the clips are blowing up and look mental.

1 Like