The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Well that was a let down. Super average.

He did the Darrell Stanton!

That was sick…last trick was a proper level up.

2 Likes

10/10 top quality. proper.

2 Likes

not entirely sure what I mean by this, but he skates street like he skates transition. Like it’s an extension of the same thing.

I liked the song.

Full Jesus Fernandez Instagram part: Chocolate Skateboards on Instagram: "@jesusfernandez_77 👑 #ChocolateSkateboards"

Maybe me being overly harsh, but I was expecting a flip out, given that Darrell did it on a hubba twice the size like a decade ago.

Not sure if this was posted, came up in my youtube recs.

Ace Pelka sections from a few weeks ago. Always enjoyed his slappies but this section has a bit of everything. Found it really impressive and kept me interested the whole way through, which is rare nowadays!

Yeah I get you. Didn’t expect anything from this part personally and I really enjoyed it. Wasn’t ground breaking but it was really nice.

2 Likes
1 Like

New Supreme-in-Berlin vid.
I didn’t enjoy the edit or the filming (or, tbh, a lot of the skating), but there are a couple of amazing tricks in there. Big shout out to Mike Arnold and Casper Brooker!

Also, Nick Stain and Ben Kadow both do pretty insane 50-50s. Ben’s psychotic landing nonchalance + attempted trick afterwards made me laugh.

Skating was great. Loved Mike Arnolds fakie slappy thing but I agree, the filming was a bit too wacky warehouse for me.

1 Like

Bill learned a new spinny twist panning technique and it’s pure shite. You’re not Fred Mortagne mate, sit down.

Oh god not another Strobeck filming topic.

We know what we’re getting by now no?

2 Likes

He learnt a new filming trick. As if zooming and panning were not enough, we now have added rotation. Kind of dug it though. Gave everyone serial killer vibes.

Some horrific bails in this one. And some great skating.

Also, he shouldn’t have used that clip of the woman who was clearly covering her face and din’t want to be filmed. Strobeck should be more respectful.

2 Likes

Ah ok. It’s like a skate trick.

1 Like

I love a wee moan! :slight_smile:

I generally really like seeing idiosyncratic experiments in filming and editing, tbh. and I get that this is mainly intended as a shop-screen video / fashion-book thing, where energy and atmosphere are given priority. For my tastes a lot of Bill’s slow-mo and hyper-zooming has become a bit formulaic and gets in the way of me appreciating what the skaters themselves are doing. I see the texture of the spot, but I don’t really see the spot, + personally I really like to see what the upper half of a skater is up to while they’re doing the trick (a full silhouette, to get a proper idea of their style + height of the trick in relation to the obstacle etc).

Bill has also produced very nice edits in the past (the black + white yt edits), and I love his fisheye work.

Also not a fan of his exploitative creeping on members of the public (usually young women).

Again, some nice skating in this tho + bits I enjoyed (sparky back smith, inclusion of the young Milan skaters etc)

2 Likes

More subjective armchair critic crap: in opposition to the zoomy-Bill thing, I find that a lot of Chris Mulhern’s edits capture tricks beautifully, but are too crisp, tasteful and sterile for me to feel genuinely stoked by.

2 Likes

Quite nice.

1 Like