The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Any negatives towards Mulhern are void. He’s an absolute audio/visual god.

Strobeck clearly read a film school book about Dutch angles and it blew his mind.

3 Likes

Sick looking spots, rad style, but I dunno if that’s really pro level skating.

Yeah don’t really disagree with you on that but I still like it so :man_shrugging:

More like “Dutchie angle” ammiright…?

3 Likes

Sheeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yeah me too, plus it’s kind of achievable so I might rewatch to pick up some things to try :smiley:

Definitely some super old clips in there… like skating the Hecox bikes board, that was out a while ago.

Edit: Seeing as this is the rebranding of Royal right? They are making their trucks different now?

Generally agree with this. There was definitely a time when his edits felt like an architect’s showreel. Especially when they had Suciu droning over the top about how much he likes plazas.

Last Joey O’Brien edit was next level though so maybe he’s knocked that on the head a bit.

1 Like

Likely offcuts from the upcoming Chocolate video.

1 Like

Yeah it’s called a primo.

Come on doooooods…we all knew what we were getting. It isn’t just Fat Bill filming that way in this as there are also two other filters credited. It’s just the Supreme style now isn’t it.

As for the skating, it was really good. Casper’s fs 5.0 to switch bs 5050 was so sick. Also very hyped on Mike’s slam!

4 Likes

In other news I’m very hyped to watch this….

10 Likes

I want that black Supreme sweater with the basic small Supreme logo in the middle. I think it’s Casper Brooker wearing it, have to rewatch. Not really feeling the all over print stuff but I turned 44 last Monday!

The Edit has done it’s job!

1 Like

It’s not that bad all the time but I enjoyed the Rowan Zorilla trick more on the phone footage they showed after the filmed footage. Classy little ironic inclusion that, well done Supreme for seeing the funny side.

*I have no problem with the video/filming, enjoyed it greatly but just wanted to point out saying things suck isn’t a middle aged or new thing… it’s a skateboard thing, hehe.

This was so sick. Fuck, I’m gonna go watch the full length now

2 Likes

I’ve learnt my lesson and am gonna leave the Supreme video. I’ve tried, but I genuinely find his extreme close up style of filming too oppressive and not at all pleasant to watch. It’s just not for me

ah sorry Mick, I feel like I’ve communicated badly and gotten the wrong tone across. Or that I’ve done something to offend some folk? That’s not my intention, I’m saying that I really liked some aspects of the video, but that I’m also not a fan of some other things that Strobeck/Supreme do in their edits.

I know that the videos aren’t aimed at me (I’m not the target market) and also will always be the first to admit that I’m a total pseud/pretentious, but the critical chat honestly comes from a place of being stoked at what skateboarding + skate culture can do! Huge props to Bill, French Fred + all the folk who’ve made + are still making a significant contribution in pushing things forward. Not got any personal reason to be bitter about it, I just love skating + skate vids (they’ve been particularly important to me for headspace over this last couple of years) so I’m honestly hyped that this sort of new edit is coming out + experimenting. I get a bit overinvolved if stuff really gets me particularly disappointed or hyped, so I like to chat about it, even if some things I say are a bit overwrought or don’t make too much sense.

In any case I didn’t mean to annoy anyone with my shit-talking. It’s all meant in fun but obvs it’s hard to get tone across online. Don’t want to dig myself deeper into anything if it’s not going down well, so will say peace + leave it at that :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes