The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Hahaha just so crazy…he’s on a completely different level to anyone else and I’d forgotten about it.

1 Like

The wallride is so so good, great to see the uncut footage.

That was rad but was hardly anything deep…Still, it’s one of the best videos of the 00s, so fuck it. I’ll take anything.

Everything about Kyle Walker screams ‘jock’ to me.

Great skateboarder though.

Can you be a skinny 5’7” jock? I always thought jocks have to be hench.

Appears to me that he’s channeling ADD/hyperactivity into skateboarding. It’s amazing to watch and it’s the total other end of the spectrum to someone like Mark Suciu.

Isn’t he just a massive mid-west Three Six Mafia fan/stoner? Those are the three things which I think of.

I went on a couple of trips with him a few years ago and he was really sound. Just…quite ‘normal’.

4 Likes

Good to hear. I bet he’s probably nice. I’m just judging a book by its cover.

It’s the all over print tees that pigeon hole him into being viewed as a generic bro, I think.

If he didn’t dress like a kid in mid 2000’s krew hand me downs he would be a viewed as totally different skater.

1 Like

Isn’t it American Football shirts?
Or some American sports shirt, at least.

But yeah, I get you. They are not for me.

He wears the lot from what I recall.
He’s not on DC, but he’s pretty much rocking the DC court graffik and pick up truck kit of mid western bros.

Sure he’s lovely though, I don’t dress any better.

5 Likes

But those guys liked hanging out, drinking and skateboarding! It’s incredible to get such an insight into the absolute madness that went on.

They do all come across really well though.

2 Likes

Yes you do!

2 Likes

I’ll second that.

There’s a meatloaf the musical merch T-shirt in my cupboard that strongly disagrees

4 Likes

Meatloaf has been criminally underused in skate videos. Discuss.

1 Like

You took the words right out of my mouth.

8 Likes

I would do anything for skateboarding but I won’t do that

7 Likes

Somebody deffo needs to use that Meatloaf tune that is played in the car just before Christopher dies in The Sopranos. From The Departed soundtrack.

That’s pink floyd’s comfortably numb I believe. Don’t do meaty like that

I can’t remember the soundtrack off hand so googled it. I assumed from your comment it would have been the meatloaf track ‘objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are’, which details a violent relationship with the protagonists father, which is sort of apt for the scene and tony and Chris’ relationship. But then again it wouldn’t work, cos it’s fucking meatloaf and it would ruin the sopranos.

While we’re spinning away from the original topic, how good was the sopranos soundtrack? I remember they close one of the earlier episodes with ‘you can’t put your arms around a memory’ by Johnny thunders and wondered if that was the inspiration for using it in hating life (or possibly one of the other videos on the story guild dvd’). Not sure which came first.

1 Like

Is it the Van Morrison cover? I can’t remember.

1 Like