The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Good shit. Just a couple of thoughts after the first watch - Weird to think back to a time when I wondered if Louie would fit on FA. That Joe Campos kiddie rips.

Just watched bits of the new Palace video again. The Lucas Puig section is epic. “Vamos a la casa de Palace” haha

Rewatched the Kyle Wilson section too, would be my SOTY, closely tied with Suciu

Decent ride on grind section, 7/10…not up to Suciu levels. Louie is a really special skateboarder. Would have been better without Nakel and Pablo.

Got excited at one point because I thought I saw Alex Trainwreck Gall going for a noseslide on a flat bar…but it wasn’t. I don’t think.

7 Likes

Probably the most original skateboarder on the planet. Gou Miyagi excepted :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Quartersnacks in the comments calling him Soty :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t argue.

1 Like

FA/Hockey edit was underwhelming.

I guess other filmers didn’t mind goblin up all the best stuff for other projects.

1 Like

That was amazing! Wish he’d landed that switch 180 one foot down the stairs. For a trick that sounds awful it looked lovely. Actually all his one foot variations were delightful.

2 Likes

Absolutely incredible.

Objectively is this the best week for footage in the history of skateboarding?

That was boring

3 Likes

The only clips that have remained in my mind are the Supreme one and the Knox one from a week or so back.

The Will Marshal Dime part too actually. That was good.

Suciu clips have blended into mush now although the backtails on the black hubba keep getting reposted on Instagram.

4 Likes

Yep I found it very dull and my brain switched off half way through. I’m not invested in the brand enough to force myself to engage so started drifting off. Then Louie did that noseslide to bs tail and my brain switched back on for a few seconds. Then back off.

1 Like

Love watching Durao, he’s so stinky in the most beautiful stylish way. Kinda swoon on the dude.

2 Likes

Same. Being that loose on big stuff is so hazardous, but the fact he doesn’t kill himself emphasises how much control he has. Those Pyramid ledge switch heel back 5-0/back smith attempts at full speed are a good example.

I agree, but he did get run over by a cyclist in this!

1 Like

Wow yeah, I agree.
For something that kinda seems like it’s wanting to take the well trodden, dull standard format and seriousness out of brand output and go against the grain, this does a real good job failing because it looked sooo serious, dull and worn out that I preferred to get back to work rather than sit though it.