The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Feeling the Mario Bally (telly) ender fit and lots of that. Didn’t think it was robotic either.
Fs 180 fakie manny into the hell bank was sick.
Music fucking awful though
(Caveat - I’m old enough to be the grandad of the target market for Yuto so it’s probably a good thing that I thought the music was cringe and ruined the edit).
Pro tip - the music was shit.

5 Likes

That was sick. Loved the Jordan coordinated fit. he looks good in dunks too.

I’ve generally written shanahan off as a really good skater, that falls short by being a 2 dimensional cosplayer but 2 well put together Pangea edits in as many months (I think?) has won me round.
This edit looks great and I loved the ‘what the F is yall doing?!’ Homage at the end with the quick board hop.

9 Likes

He’s great to watch regardless of what he wears. I’d say the same about Adrien DelCampo who gets some hate for his strides and is also on the Pangea team.

Yeah makes me think it’s a done deal.

I dunno.

I was in a meeting a few years ago, right before Kyle Walker won. I worked for a brand who sponsored Kyle at the time and there was discussion over plans moving forward if he won or if he didn’t as to the brands next move.

I actually said “Has he been asked to shoot something heavy by Thrasher recently? If so, thats an indication” and was told that Burnett gets all the contenders to shoot something heavy in the run up to the announcement.

IIRC, it’s usually about the first week of December it all foes down so I’m assuming that we’ll all be in the know in the next week.

Although - Yuto is a safe bet, I reckon.

Thought that looked sick. Also been saying Yuto for SOTY for ages, seems pretty obvious. But then again that obviousness might be why he doesn’t get it in the end.

1 Like

Woah woah woah, Yuto - get the fuck away from our lord and saviour AA’s spots. Stay in your lane and take that 180 sw manual shit back to Olympics and stick to doing the rails.

1 Like

Even Andy Anderson would say a spot is free for anyone.

2 Likes

Yeah but Andy Anderson was in the Olympics? Haha.

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling Yuto is going to get SOTY. I’ve also heard a rumour Suciu is dropping another part very soon, as per the Slap forum. In which case that may decide things. I enjoyed the Yuto part, highlight for me was the switch front shuv then the hill bomb. Opener and ender were incredible.

1 Like

That switch hill bomb was gnarly.

2 Likes

Yuto’s parts are always too short. Feel like he hasn’t had that one really epic part that you know he’s capable of. One where every trick is next level.

5 Likes

Yuto is going to usurp nyjah as skateboarding’s heel.
He took out the kook’s champ, Nyjah, at the olympics.
Now he’s taken out the peoples champ, AA, at a signature gnarly street spot.
All he needs to do is take out a prominent transition skater at some SF hellride bbq bowl session and he will reign supreme as the underhanded villain we all love to hate.

I tried to find the clip of him drunk, clowning on nyjah after the olympics (“you want to be me. You want to be me but you can’t!”) to sign this off but alas, it’s been scrubbed from existence.

1 Like

I really like Yuto.

@Dent_Face yer that part was full of filler…

7 Likes

I know, I know. But it was short by today’s standards.

2 Likes

Bear soty

6 Likes

Was hoping for some banging Leeds footage as they were up here but there wasn’t much at all. Either the weather sucked during their visit or they couldn’t handle our spots :joy:

4 Likes