The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Jesus is such a fucking chiller I can imagine him bringing it up like that. I took a photo of him and his nipper for the London Skate Journal BCN photos article.

Pretty savage that he missed his name.

His part is really fucking good.

2 Likes

Just rewatched, last trick is fucking good.

4 Likes

That was great.

Can’t wait to see a new full section.

3 Likes

Mad creativity from Curren Caples’ long-lost brother:

Florida men jump down and onto things:

Yep, that’s how I remember his career panning out too. I thought he was on Chocolate in recent years though? I’d ha’ve thought they or Girl would have picked him up as a legacy pro or something.

I think you are getting mixed up. Jesus is on Chocolate, yes. We are talking about Dani, though. He isn’t.

Nope, I’d always thought he was on there since 2015 or so. Obviously not!

1 Like

Nike should do a video with Dani, Jesus, Javier, JB and Luy-Pa Sin. They’re all on aged Euro-tech flow.

7 Likes

Oh my god yes please.

“They finally gave a fuck about us”

13 Likes

Some of this is so dope, but there is so much spinning around on the flat.

2 Likes

Designed to court controversy I think. I thought it was ok but it doesn’t really do it for me.

Wearing face masks to skate outdoors was the worst bit :sweat_smile:

Bit cynical! It’s from There Skateboard’s new video - the company’s about giving representation to gay, trans and other marginalised people. Don’t think they’re trying to provoke, rather just reflect what they’re all about.

4 Likes

The video is literally called ‘Ruining skateboarding’.

I think that is because that is exactly the comment thrown at them over and over.

Not because they actually want to ruin skateboarding…

5 Likes

Or in other words it’s deliberately provocative and designed to court controversy.

If you miss that element of it you kind of miss the whole point.

I’m not naive to who There skateboards are. I am a fan of Jeff Cheung, I have two of his paintings hanging outside my bedroom and look at them every morning.

4 Likes

You were referring to the tricks in the video when you said that it was designed to court controversy, though. And then used the title to back that up.
I think that link between the title of the entire brands video and one persons flatland game is tenuous at best.
Case in point - the following part released from said video was pretty much ‘classic’ style street skating.

I don’t think the tricks in the video are designed to court controversy.
I don’t think the video title is designed to court controversy.

I think the tricks are whatever the skater felt right as to be represent the best of their abilities.
I actually also don’t think that skater is talented enough to just put out lines contrived enough to court controversy by design.

I think the video title is what it is to take some of that power away from haters. And that is rad.

That’s my take on all this, at least.

Thats great that you have some of JCs artwork, for sure.

2 Likes

Sure. I’m 100% not on board with your thinking and have my own take on things. That’s ok with me.

1 Like

That was really hard to watch.

Some good tricks ruined by really bad skids and flatground nonsense and some of the biggest crimes to fashion i’ve ever seen.

I have no problem with self expression but that wasn’t punk or cool it was just really stinking.

This is not a good look. They need a stylist.

2 Likes