The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Some insane Japanese terrain.

Lakai putting on a non-Crailtap rider.

4 Likes

Just watched this. Asta is something else.

I have said this before, and I’ll say it again. For a company as big as Santa Cruz, why can’t they send their editors on a colour correction course. Their colours are so shockingly bad and none of the double angles match up. They had/have a filmer that had everything basically set flatter than LOG and left it that way… awful.

#rant

1 Like

Yeah, Joe Perrin who made it has made some good shit but these SC edits are pretty dire.
Maybe he just has 40 things to edit a month…because that brand outputs a LOT.

Asta was dope, though. Some good clips throughout in that video.

4 Likes

If that’s the case, then they need to put out some job adverts!

It’s an AM video probably why.

Was a weird clip, skating was sick but just seemed cobbled together.

This part is FUCKING bonkers

1 Like

Well with that review I’ll watch it.

I always trip everytime Santa Cruz put out an edit. They couldn’t be anything further from last of the mohicans, which is a great characterful video.
It was all close friends having fun though, so it’s always going to have more passion and humour behind it.
The difference is worlds apart though.

1 Like

Lol.
Some extremely heavy single tricks and mad pop.
Not USA style but you will like it @neddy

He also looks like a young blindolliesoftrock too

Yeah, I feel like a lot of the SC videos are just a budget load of clips bought from various filmer and that is it…nothing to pull it together.

1 Like

TBF that has sort of been their MO since the days of Strange Notes

4 Likes

OMFG. Switch front crook at 1.20

2 Likes

They were sick those DVDs.

1 Like

100% yes. Exactly what I was thinking when I was watching.

If you peep their YouTube, they produce a LOT of content. So, Joe Perrin probably has about 4 hours to edit each clip or something daft as they go out so often…so, production will suffer.

2 Likes

Yeah very true. The edits don’t do anything to detract from the magic of lotm and I’m glad an indie filmer can get a nice gig so can’t hate.
Bit bland tho

3 Likes

This brand has gone in a bizarrely MOR direction. Thought it was going to be all about championing women skaters when they first announced it with Leticia and Sky. Now they have a massive male team and are using Run the Jewels in their edits. Odd.

The fact that it is (presumably deliberately) named after a putative MK Ultra led sex slave creation programme has made me queasy since the start given Sky Brown’s involvement.

See here - Cathy O’Brien’s story sounds nuts but let’s remember how everyone scoffed at the idea of a pedophile network at the heart of The Establishment too

Oof. That’s grim. Dipshit So’ Cal industry heads need to run their ideas past more people with actual braincells.

1 Like

See also ‘Roofies’ ‘Hubba’ etc

1 Like