The Continually Updated Footage Thread

I feel like there’s a lot of similarities between this year and 2012 when Guy and Daveed were in the running. Milton and Daveed undoubtedly put out the most gnarly footage, but there’s something a little more timeless about really technically impressive skating like Guy and Suciu’s. Suciu’s parts have more rewatch factor. Although both Suciu and Milton are a lot better than their 2012 counterparts.

Doesn’t make them very Skate & Destroy which why Milton got SOTY then.
Pff.

7 Likes

Very good indeed.

Faves were knox and stain.

1 Like

This one is so good, levels on some of those crust spots are ridiculous :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Best one those boys have done I’d say! Fucking incredible.

1 Like

Can’t remember when in it but Casper does one of the most thugged out switch fs flips ever.

So dope whole thing.

2 Likes

Atlantic Drift can do no wrong, what a belta!

2 Likes

Innit, that was great. I was stoked on the filming and editing too which is rare because i’m too busy getting annoyed at the trend following. When I became aware that I was enjoying the editing I did notice that there were these trendy elements in there so that was disappointing but I didn’t notice them until I became aware enough to look, so… I dunno, I think it’s good enough to totally overshadow them.
Still, Message to Jacob Harris: Stop copying, you don’t need to, you have better ideas and are making some of the best edits out there, top of the game stuff. Be yourself!
jk, don’t listen to me (but listen to me) points to my eyes then to you then back to me

The Knox line going down the skinny banks was spectacular.

2 Likes

Wtf did I just read

2 Likes

Just the focus on the face then the trick then the face again. Most people are doing it. They don’t need to.
It can make the filming interesting absolutely but most people are compromising the tricks just to get the cool shot. J Harris certainly does not need to copy anything, his edits are plenty interesting enough to stand on their own two feet.

Ha, my text is the musings of an enigma, what can I say?

Basically, I didn’t notice the trendy bits until I thought “i’m enjoying this, I haven’t noticed any trendy filming” then I noticed some. Ha.

Yeah, cos you can tell what’s going on!

That’s what i’m saying, this vid was so good that I didn’t notice these things, until I thought about it.
I’m following the trends in my head because most of the time it’s making the edit unwatchable. It irritates me that the skaters expresion is more important than documenting the trick. It’s making skate video’s look more like fashion lookbooks. I know this is essentially what they are so, maybe format of filming is more true than ever.
Now, I know that no one has the monopoly on zooming but it’s not me being fixated on this, all these filmers are consciously adding these techniques because it’s cool to do, that’s the sad part, not me being annoyed by it.

1 Like

I think the technique is fine, Bill does it and it’s his style, he pulls it and makes his edits look amazing, that’s personality. My gripe is that other filmers not having their own personality and trying to copy someone elses. Jacob’s personality is stonger than most in his edits so I find it slightly disappointing that even he feels the need to do this. He does not need to, every Atlantic Drift edit has been beautiful.
To be clear, i’m not dissing bill, jacob or the technique just the followers not having their own brains.

This clip had no zoom bullshit in it.

1 Like

No no no, The shots, B roll, the roll in roll outs, the personality is amazing! that’s what great about skating/filming right now. But when people focus too much on the techniques to get these shots and do it badly, it makes the edit less watchable. It’s simple. If you can capture personality your own way like Jacob has always done in these edits then you’re a winner, if you need to resort to copying techniques badly then it’s a little sad. He hasn’t copied them badly though, I only noticed the odd zoom when I thought about it.
So my go at Jacob was mainly a joke.

There was no such thing because it was just capturing the progression. The fisheye came to help gets lines in shot I guess and then people started to think about how shots looked.
It’s a great thing and Bill has progressed this more than anyone ever. It’s great. But i’d like to see other filmers with their own ideas, that’s alll.

2 Likes