The Cricket Thread

I can’t stand the banter excuse, it’s used to mask all kinds of full blown bullying and often done with a smiling face.

A man actually cried and he’s admitted to knowing that, how do even consider the banter excuse then?

1 Like

I’m going to say it…
…this is going to be a cricket score.

Pressure for the first time.

Is it based on runs scored or wickets lost when on the same points?

1 Like

Purely on runs.

Net run rate doesn’t factor wickets at all. So for example England got the Windies out for about 55.

It would’ve been better for them to be 56-9 after 5 overs than the 56-1 after about 8 or whatever they were in the end.

Basically the quicker you knock over a team the better.

And no I don’t have a fucking real clue how net run rate is actually calculated (the formula) but that’s the gist.

Feels harsh for a team to win 4 out of 5 and leave the comp. England absolutely destroyed the Windies and Aus though.

We going out?

Nope. Topped the group so either NZ or India in the semis.

1 Like

Rad. Just started playing beer pong and a youth of cricket apparently makes you good! Never played before.

2 Likes

Batting first. :grimacing:

Would’ve liked Livingstone and Jos opening.

1 Like

Sigh :disappointed:

I’m so nervous. I don’t know who I want to lose more.

Well that was fucking absurd. Don’t know how it was mathematically possible to do what they just did. Incredible shots.

1 Like

Aussie/Kiwi final- nuts.

Here we go :eyes:

BBC Sport (@BBCSport) Tweeted:
England bowler Adil Rashid says he heard Michael Vaughan make a racist comment to a group of Asian cricketers, supporting former Yorkshire team-mate Azeem Rafiq’s allegation. https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1460208087307018247?s=20

It feels like cricket is on fire right now.

1 Like

Well it’s been quite a week what with the Tim Paine sexting stuff as well now. Not sure that’s really relevant to ‘cricket’ though tbh.

I wonder who broke the AR Antisemitism messages? They’d clearly been sitting on it for ages waiting until he’d gone through the parliamentary committee to destroy him.

Don’t think the sports reputation could get much lower atm. It’s all very shit.

1 Like

This is how it goes isn’t it, people go after their supposed villains and try and dig up any dirt they can on them. Great times.

All over after the very first ball. Great.

2 Likes

Oh dear.

I guess if they fly home right now they might get a chance to see their families this Christmas.

3 Likes

They should all go home.

1 Like