The D.I.Y Thread

Awesome thanks for the tips! Will get tracking down the angle and screws :partying_face:

think i’m going to crete this bank with two little blobs either side in line with the bricks, what would be the easiest pre-mixed stuff available from homebase? needs to be a fairly quick job as its a busy carpark around that bit at the time i’ll likely be doing it

would it be a better shout to take the kerb out at the bottom before crete or going straight over it?

I’d leave the kerb in case you get done for damage . If you concrete over it at least it can be removed if the land owner get the hump.

As it’s a small job a couple of bags of premix rapid set Crete will be fine. Have some smashed up old bricks / rubble to bulk it out too.

1 Like

wicked mate cheers - gunna give it a go tonight i think

Good luck :+1:t2: Look forward to seeing the results

this do the job you reckon? can you tell i’ve never done this before yet hahaha

Yeah that stuff will be fine .

Have you cut any sheet timber for the formers ? This will help hold the shape and stop sagging on the sides .

no but maybe i should - did think about that but assumed as it was just a kerb i’d get away with lobbing some rubble down and just creting over to be fair

Like this but bulk it out with rubble , that was this guy’s mistake in just using bags of concrete

1 Like

You can but it will naturally want to sag

1 Like

ahh yeah i see! will go measure it now and give it a go this weekend i reckon

Yeah man prep is key. You only want to do it once and right as possible.

Made another scrap wood ledge today, everything including the screws were due to be skipped but I dived in and pulled it all out.

Made a wheel modification with castors off an old gas fire. I wanted them to fold under but didn’t have the right hinges so went with a slotted system .
They work well especially as it weighs a tonne from the hardwood ply. I couldn’t up load the video of it being put on it wheels so it’s on my insta.
Chuffed .

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNAzpD-FoXK/?igshid=uazh6wmo9pse

12 Likes

Love this shit so much.

You should do ledge drops in the same way people do art drops…
Just chuck a decent ledge into a random terrible park on your way home from jobs. ha ha.

1 Like

It would be set alight by the time I got back in my car in Newport .

5 Likes

love all these man, so much better than those wanky ledges i always see for sale on insta

2 Likes

thoughts on how i can fix this up fairly easily?

Is it your property?

Get a rub brick or even just a hard stone at first and sand it down, then give it some clear lacquer spray, couple coats of that then a wax and it’ll be going!

1 Like

The floor looks like it could be a problem surely, though.