The D.I.Y Thread

Looks like a job for the folks who resurfaced Hackney bumps.

Sick. If it rolls along you could recreate the JB Freedom Fries part at 2:36 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUjRVGt9UtI

They were at the Bournbrook DIY in Brum yesterday polishing the floor. Bumps on Tour!

2 Likes

So much respect for that crew. Such a major job .

Absolutely. I’m still amazed (but really happy!) that Birmingham Council gave it the green light. That’s my skate retirement home right there!

2 Likes

nah man

it’s actually the run up for a gap tbf, didn’t even think of skating it as a ledge before i’d taken those photos aha

on the run out? i’ve ollied it before there’s a smooth patch you can aim for, if not the rest isn’t actually that bad, rollable at least

Could you make a slot on top/cap?
Something like this…
Stick it in the motor.

1 Like

Haha fair I was thinking like damn street spots must be shit where he lives if the commitment to that ledge is there!

2 Likes

Some fun graft today on this piece!! So hyped to skate it. We’ve made a corner with the same kinda chunked pool coping and it sounds so good when ya grind it

12 Likes

yeah don’t get me wrong that would easily pass as a ledge here, there’s 4 ledge spots in town and two of them aren’t even waxed or been skated in the past 5 years haha

1 Like

Got this long metal tube at my local potential DIY spot. Can you drill into that to attach it to a wooden support? Wondering how to make that into a flat bar, anyone made one from a pvc pipe before? Thanks

For attaching metal tube drill a hole bigger than the screw head on the front then directly opposite drill a 5/6 mm hole.

Then you send the screw through the big hole using the small hole to fix the tube to the timber .

Here is an example

1 Like

Used to be a yellow gas pipe 200mm diam at the pioneer back in the early 90’s cradled in timber . Slid like a mother fucker

That gas pipe was really fast, it felt like you were going faster than you were even rolling.

1 Like

I have a feeling it’s why I’ve only learnt board slides on rails recently as that thing was death if you slipped out . Scared me off rails and pipes , even on a snowboard

some days if I’m feeling confident I can get them but other days I roll up and it’s just like nah lol. Learning frontside at the moment.

Thanks, will have to wait till I get paid, but it seems feasible.

Lean forward as much as possible cos falling forward is better than slipping out