The Lazy Twitter Thread

He will probably end up starting a podcast

1 Like

I have no idea who he is

Skates for Primitive, had a part in Godspeed. The guy who is sponsored by Stock X (interestingly he made an appearance in Ishodā€™s recent Nike show commercial despite the Stock X deal).

Edit: donā€™t worry guys, heā€™s just a big joker!

https://twitter.com/robertneal_/status/1479833542301339648?s=20

1 Like

Ego reignited then. No one jokes like that randomly, all jokes are based on reality.

Robert is a funny motherfucker.

2 Likes

Great joke :+1:

2 Likes

Saw this, thought of hereā€¦

Fesshole :roll_of_toilet_paper: on Twitter: ā€œMy wife tolerates me keeping chickens as long as they are regularly laying eggs. Three of the elder girls stopped about 9 months ago but I couldnā€™t even think about getting rid of them. Instead they have been ā€˜layingā€™ Lidl free range eggs every day and she doesnā€™t have a clue.ā€ / Twitter

1 Like

3 Likes

Does anyone actually pay the licence fee? So itā€™s what, frozen till 2024 and then itā€™s going to be scrapped all together, right?

Nice try officer, not getting me that easily.

10 Likes

Haha, I donā€™t watch live TV and only own a Nokia 3210, so donā€™t need one :wink:

Apparently itā€™s going to be scrapped in five years time, I guess because they failed in their embarrassing attempt to sell Channel 4 (which involved that amazing blunder from Dorries) theyā€™re just turning their attention on the next best thing they can mess up.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve got a great plan for it thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Getting rid of the BBC like this would just be pure vandalism and it would be gone forever. God, I hate these arseholes.

5 Likes

There are definitely things that could be improved but the value for money is unquestionable; all the stuff on iPlayer which is really reliable, podcasts, news, kids tv, sport, solid website etc etc. Itā€™s not like you even need a license to use any streaming services so Iā€™m not even sure thereā€™s a valid case against it.

1 Like

Why do these UKIP idiots hate everything that is the best of Britain? Itā€™s so weird.

6 Likes

Anyone who moans about the licence fee is a goddamned moron and Iā€™ll die on that hill. Itā€™s not managed in the best way, but as people have said above the value for money it offers in comparison to other media services is unbelievable. Also the shite/quality ratio on the BBC is easily the best of any media service. Even the most intolerable bobbins (Elaine Paige on Radio 2, Rip Off Britain, is Doctors still on?) is better than most stuff on ITV or Channel 5, any commercial radio station or other news source.

First the Royal Mail, then the BBC, next will be the NHS.

Iā€™d pay the licence fee just to continue getting Ski Sunday, Rick Steinā€™s yearly travel/cooking shows, Snooker coverage, Kermode & Mayo and a decent drama series every couple of months.

8 Likes

Netflix is half the price and judged on tv output alone smashes the BBC. The BBC website ainā€™t what it was since they cut its funding. BBC Radio is still my go-to but I know nothing about radio and have never explored any other stations!

I think the biggest issue is what is the relevance of BBC world service any more? It all feels a bit colonialist and out of date. The thought of an impoverished post-Brexit government still wringing enough cash out of its shriveled economy to broadcast right-minded news to the world feels a bit weird.

I do think we used to get value out of the BBC, but these days Iā€™m less convinced. I think they should bump up their online output and do more education stuff like BBC Bitesize. I definitely donā€™t think scrapping it is the answer but you can tell itā€™s slowly dying in its current form.

Stopped reading right aboutā€¦there. Sorry buddy.

9 Likes

Laughing out loud.

1 Like