The Lazy Twitter Thread

‘Parliament gave responsibility to the BBC to make a decision on the future of the scheme’

…and the BBC decided to be Brian’s?

If you watch the BBC? then pay for it, if you don’t? then don’t pay, pay for another service etc.
If you watch the BBC and moan about the fee then you’re a bit of a brian cant.

1 Like

Nah, you can watch iPlayer without breaking any laws. The licence fee is for Live TV only. Also if you’ve paid the fee all your life and retired on to less money, then you should get a reduced rate, not all OAPs have a big house in the home counties, like the media would have you believe.

I thought we were talking license fee in general?
Agree that OAP should get reduced or free like a bus pass.

Yeah; that was my point sorry, I said I’d back the BBC if not for the OAP thing and then Jurwell said all OAPs should be shot or something (he didn’t actually say that)?

I think it’s for iplayer also according to the pop up I get when I use the site

1 Like

Because you can watch live tv on it too and they’re are going to word it so it’s confusing, but if it’s just catch up, nope you don’t need one.

sneaky devils

Do I need a TV Licence to watch BBC iPlayer?

Yes. You must be covered by a TV Licence (including a free over 75 licence) to download or watch any BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any device and provider you use. You don’t need a licence to watch S4C TV on demand on BBC iPlayer.

Don’t forget, you still need a TV Licence to watch or record programmes on any channel as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service.

You don’t need an additional licence for BBC iPlayer. If you already have a TV Licence, you’re already covered.

Blockquote

tv license site disagrees

2 Likes

chillout paul dacre
I really don’t think the responsibility for Savile lies with the BBC, I’m sure there were/are people in high power covering up and keeping things hidden.
Its very convenient for the conservatives to blame the bbc

1 Like

Who was his employer and where at lot of the crimes happened? Someone was looking the other way.

1 Like

Looks like they’ve changed it in the last year or so.

shit flows downhill

Meaning?

Been like this for a while, since 2016! Expect a call from the boys in blue any minute.

2 Likes

BBC have a responsibility to represent all their audience. So you get far more diverse stuff than the Netflix model which is just make popular stuff with already known actors. BBC break new talent too.

I can see why people don’t like the enforced ‘licence’ though

1 Like

Savile said in his own book that if the police went after him he’d bring down half of them with him. This is all probably why everything came out after he died.

They’re free to pop around and I can ask them why Boris isn’t getting fined for law breaking.

Bet Boris doesn’t have a TV license

1 Like

Heard he uses Carrie’s mum’s Netflix.

4 Likes