The Travel Thread

Rad article, that nollie photo is rad. Went there in 2006 on a filming mission with a gang of Aussies and a couple of Londoners, good times. Spot on about the tiles everywhere!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Do you have any coverage of when you went? It’d be interesting to see if it’s changed much.

Yep, for sure… Just so you know, the mag who sent me on the trip wanted a 12-15 minute edit for a cover mounted DVD, which meant it had a huge amount of padding and pretty much every trick went in. Here’s the best bits in 2mins -

1 Like

Any tips for Sibenik in Croatia? Hvala.

Any tips for Pola in N. Croatia? Heading there soon, need to sort out where to stay, town centre or near to nature… Good enough skatepark there too, stoked.

I’ve been to Barca skating a few times, but taking my daughter for an actual holiday in October… Any general advice or tips on stuff to do, or things off the beaten track a bit that the normal tourists might miss? Already thinking about the standard Park/Zoo/Gaudi stuff…

This is not a dig at all, but if you’ve been there why didn’t you choose somewhere else?

I know that it’s sick but you have anywhere in Europe for basically the same price.

No that’s a fair comment, originally I was looking at Disneyland Paris for Halloween but I’ve already taken my daughter there a few times and I wanted her to get some actual culture… then I found PortAventura is nearby so we’re spending Halloween there, and then 4 more days in Barca, so a bit of a compromise. I did look at Italy but it was more expensive than the Barca deals I found. And it’s like our summer at that time of year, so this is instead of a summer holiday…

Day trip to Sitges. Beautiful place.

I enjoyed the Miro museum in Barca, its a little bit out the centre more up in the hills with good views (quite near to that long metal ledge spot thats in Fully Flared a lot if you’ve skated there, Carroll back smith impossible)

Not sure how old she is but I’d say the work woould appeal most age groups (ie. lots of big pieces/ sculptures, lots of colour etc.)

Something as simple as chucking Bimbo bread at the fishes on the wavey bridge and seeing them thrash about would be fun for kids.

That sounds good, she’s seven and enjoys big art pieces so I’ll put that on the list. The science centre in Barca looks really good, will probably check that out too. It’s gonna be weird going past spots and not saying “Paul Shier has done blah blah here”.

DM me Andy. Got loads of cool places you can take Molly. Apart from standard kid stuff is there anything she likes in particular?

1 Like

Nice! You got a number for some ching too?

6 Likes

Fuck sake build. haha.

But yer if you need … :joy_cat:

1 Like

Off NYC in a week! What’s good to hit up? Fave spots, essential skate tourism shit? I am fuckin excited.

You’ll just find stuff. Turning a random corner then being all, “Holy shit it’s that thing!” all the time. Whether it’s a skate spot of something from music or films. Seeing how long the steps are at Flushing was a highlight for me, if not so much for my wife.

3 Likes

If you buy records go to Generation Records in the Village, it’s like a massive encyclopaedic punk/alternative/whatever heaven. You could look at a certain band’s section and it would be huge, but there would be just as many side-projects/solo-albums/extra shit I didn’t know about. A true browsing experience. And then you notice there’s a small door in the corner, which leads downstairs to… an even bigger basement that’s absolutely ram full of funk, soul, disco…! I had to leave as I only had one suitcase.

And it’s on the same street as The Little Lebowski Store so you can go and get a miniature rug that really ties the room together.

1 Like

Could sit in White Castle on Discogs tbf.

But, you know, the whole record shop experience, man
And with a noo york accent too
That’s what you go there for, right?

1 Like