The Travel Thread

Bleeker St Records is also pretty good and they have nice cats, and you’re a few doors away from Adrock’s old flat
Edit: I went in 2011, the cats may no longer be nice

1 Like

Where you staying Blinky?

The Thing in Brooklyn (I think) is an amazing record shop / 2nd hand shop. All records $2 completely unsorted. Millions of em. Flushing park is quite a nice vibe with the world fair exhibition. Erm… enjoyed going upstate out of the city. Coney Island is fun

1 Like

Yeah i loved Coney island. I stayed with some family in Brooklyn a few years ago and the Museum there used to hold a big party either the first or last weekend of every month. there seemed to be loads of live music events in Prospect Park as well.

1 Like

Get to the Apollo for a show. There’s stuff on all the time. When I was staying in Harlem I went a few times, and saw the Delfonics and the Drifters, amongst others. With one original member or whatever it is, but still great.

1 Like

If you go to the dead rabbit pub in lower manhattan then you’re a minute away from the wall st plaza ledge. 2 rad things in a short amount of time.

2 Likes

Ah hell fuckin yes thanks so much lads! I went in 2012 when I was 20 and managed to see a few landmarks but that was it so I’m super hyped to be skatingwitb a good crew this time. Actually managed to hit up generation and bleaker street records then and was stoked so I’m pissin myself in excitement to go back. Generation had so much good hardcore it was dope! Stayin in bushwick in Brooklyn!

1 Like

Been to NYC twice and never left Manhattan.

lol

Tompkins Park

Smoke weed and get the train to the wrong stop then wander out aimlessly, get lost, and spend hours hiding in alleyways trying to find free wifi to google map where tf you are then when you find out you’re in a bad area get super prang and try to sneak your way back to the train station without anyone seeing you while the theme from Manic Miner plays increasingly loudly in your mind for no apparent reason.

there is a good independent club venue called Paper Box in bushwick, they do reggae sound system events quite regularly so probably have other good music too… i was on work trip a few years ago and picked up a flyer in a record shop that happened to be that night so i went along on my own, had a great night, partly due to going outside to smoke i met a girl who ran a record label i had bought tunes from, and got a lift home from another producer whose records i had bought and who was originally from london but relocated to NY.
another work trip i went to check out LES skate park and labor skate shop and happened to walk past some dudes filming a wall ride nollie out to crook grind on this power box thing, and about a year later it was in the polar video…

2 Likes

Mate who is a New Yorker is always at Pier 62 skatepark. Gonz and some others go now and again. Seems like a tight, friendly crew that hang there.

1 Like

I went to a weird hip hop / standup improv night that was really good, can’t find it now

Old dude trying be hip with the kids or kid that’s into vintage games? Are you the person who writes the product blurb on the Palace website?

[meme]howdoyoudofellowkids.gif[/meme]

1 Like

this is exactly the sort of shit I’ve been pulling in SF - convinced my wife we needed to go to the Trader Joe’s at Wallenberg as it was next to a Target - and ‘you know how we always struggle to get everything at one place’. When I went to go take photos of a stairset at a school and make Danny Gonzales jokes on a whatsapp group the penny dropped, I think.

Payday means Barca booked… I’m staying between the Nou Camp and Sants, I’ve heard the best way to get about would be getting a travel card at the airport and then you can go on tube/bus/trams, is that the best idea?! And any advice on the best way of getting in from the airport? Tube or bus?!

Bus from the airport every time.

Cheers mang. And the travelcard thing? Didn’t wanna do the equivalant of buying a Zone 1-5 when I only need a 1-2 if that makes any sense?!

No idea! I’ve never bought a travel card, so can’t advise.

Bus from the airport because there’s more of them and you’ve got more options on where to get off. And you can look at shit out the window and get hyped.

1 Like