The Trouser Thread

I like Dockers Alpha Khaki chinos. Good cut, thicker fabric and most importantly, change catchers in the pockets. Maybe size up if you want a baggier fit, they’re fairly snug if you buy true to size.

Edit…just did the mental maths 5’9" 100kg with a Beyonce ass maybe they’re not gonna work. Depends how much of that 100kg is in the ass I guess :smiley:

I’d be popular in an American prison if Hollywood is to be believed

For smuggling cigarettes, nice.

What were those cargoes you had on in the boat?

Supreme cargos.
Got home and there’s a massive rip in the arse.

2 Likes

Help me with my fit. What dickies/carhartt work pants are suitable for a skinny lad like me?

Feel like all my trousers are a bit too slim fit these days. But I dont want to end up with some massive baggy stuff either.

Carhartt seem to do “Relaxed Fit” which seems like what I’m after. Anyone had those?

1 Like

Slimfit dickies maybe? I was wearing 874s on Saturday but they may be a bit baggy on you

I found this

873s look like exactly what I’m after, but I just know I’ll try them on with 0% body fat frame and they’ll be like parachutes.

1 Like

Go for 873 I’m a skinny lanky brian cant and have 872s, which I like but have now moved to a bigger size but different brand and would say they’re similar to the pic.

1 Like

Wicked, just ordered some of those. Cheers

I have a pair of 8 year old 874’s and they’re simply awesome, perfect looseness. I’m unfortunately too fat in the waist for my other pairs at the moment!

Vans pro glide chinos are also nice and comfy, look in the outlet and there’s 20% discount codes knocking around. A thread on mine looks to have been caught in the washing machine so they’re ruined before I’ve worn them outside. Not convinced that’s a good omen for durability I’m afraid :-1:

How do you find the older Dickies compare?
I swear the material is now sightly thinner on the newer pairs that I own.

I’ve not seen/felt any newer pairs tbh. The three pairs left I bought from the US but they were good value for money at the time. They were made in Honduras if that makes any difference!

2 Likes

Sorry to derail Trou Chat but you’ve been to Honduras? I got stuck in San Pedro Sula once for a week with a cancelled credit card and no access to cash whilst I was waiting for a mate to land in Central America. Not a city for the faint hearted, arf!

Haha, no mate, Made in Honduras. Just realised I’d missed a word doh

1 Like

Dickies confirmed husky boy brand.

1 Like

Keggs update - 873s arrived and as someone else said, they basically stand up on their own. There’s a proper old man crease down them as well, makes them look a bit flared. Might be in my head though, as I’m so used to “skinny-ish” trousers. Gonna give them a wash before I wear them I think.

Will keep you all posted of any developments and provide an impartial review post-laundry.

If there are issues with how the leg is, it’s always worth going to a tailor to see what they can do. I detest having any flare in my trousers and any which I’ve ordered online and that were too flared or too bunchy they’ve fixed it up.

yeah crumple them up and leave them in the wardrobe for a few days then stick them in the wash. Should make them less ‘starchy’ I reckon.

I know we’re all busy people but please, take the time to absorb this essential broadcast:

6 Likes