The Trouser Thread

I got some 501’s the other day and they are a terrible fit. Proper dad jeans.

1 Like

Should have consulted this thread.

This was my concern looking at them

Any denim recommendations (£60-£80) that are slimmer while still having some give around the thigh and not looking like shapeless dad jeans?

Volcom Solver is the answer to pretty much every question in this thread

2 Likes

Just to emphasise what ParmoViolet said, Volcom Solver jeans are the best for the more muscular/corpulent out there. Or if you’re feeling that bit slimmer or more athletic, go try Volcom Vorta, possibly even Cahartt Vicious jeans.

Looking for some loose / relaxed fit trousers. Any recommendations?

I tried dickies but they came up massive. Recently realised Uniqlo is great for trousers, can’t remember the name of the fit but they do a “not so slim” slim fit which is nice and relaxed without being baggy. Pretty reasonable price too.

I’ll second what @ciaran and @anon3368876 said, Volcom Solvers are really good. Make sure you get the ones that are stretch denim (1% elastane), far more comfortable, especially if you want to skate in them.

I recently got 2 pairs of these and they’re well good. Look like chinos, feel like sweatpants. Favourite trousers to skate in.
https://www.vans.co.uk/shop/mens-clothes-pants/range-relaxed-elastic-pant-black

I have the Levi’s skate baggy jeans and they’re great. Stretch and comfort, loads of leg room. I got a pair in black 5 years ago and they’re still going strong as ever so recently bought 2 more pairs as I know they last compared to every other trouser I’ve skated in.

I do have my 90’s baggy stonewash from ASOS this year that I wear all the time, but have a feeling they won’t last half as long as the Levi’s

1 Like

Thanks. I think they’re probably a bit too baggy for me. As much as I like them looser around the thigh I can’t cope with them being too wide at the leg opening.

I’ve got ankles like twiglets

I’m 46 and the Volcom solvers and I think Volta are good.
I also wear the Volcom frickin modern chinos to work.

They say he is more trouser than human:

Do you think social media encourages the youth to go ever baggier in the hope for more recognition? This man has 18k worth of followers which is impressive for being a random UK skater.

5 Likes

Flip was sick.

1 Like

Being 90s is cool.
Rollerblading is pretty 90s.
Dressing like a rollerblader is cool.

1 Like

He’s still not as baggy as the 90’s!
Orange or green frayed cords that cover everything but the last 10mm of the toe are whats needed.
It’s a miracle anyone could skate at all in that get-up and the 32mm wheels to go with them.

1 Like

Serious Trou’

15K Likes, 283 Comments - M_i_S_o_R_a (@m_s_r_12.0.7) on Instagram: "🏥"

677 Likes, 14 Comments - M_i_S_o_R_a (@m_s_r_12.0.7) on Instagram: "👋2021"

1 Like

That was well entertaining.

Someone help me. Looking for some recommendations please. I want some baggy, tapered, selvedge denim. I don’t want stupid baggy (not Polar Big Boy baggy), but you know, generous. Got to be selvedge mind.

Anyone have any ideas?

Might even skate in them.

For some reason I think @Scurbrampwoody @jimo @Snurp @gawkrodger might have opinions here