The Trouser Thread

just horsing around

It makes less sense now the spambot comment got deleted

I had a homeboy long sleeve top which I bought in Germany around 90-91 time. All over print bad boy.

1 Like

I can remember being a little baffled about their origins as I was already familiar with Club Homeboy*, the mag with Spike Jonze, Andy Jenkins and Mark Lewman at the helm. Iā€™d been wearing a Club Homeboy tee for a couple of years before my first sighting of the other Homeboy.

• Got some OG Club Homeboy stickers on my old Skyway BMX and some reissues for old times sake on my MTB.

Until reading that I laboured under the misapprehension that it was Grabkeā€™s company.

1 Like

Grabke was team manager and art director for a bit. That explains their vert skater heavy team and I wonder if Grabke was responsible for these sort of offerings

Looks a lot like an Anarchic Adjustment print to me.

Or this Insane ā€˜inspiredā€™ effort.

I also suspect that Juergenā€™s inability to fully remember exactly why he called the company Homeboy might be due to the fact that he just plain nicked it from Club Homeboy, but who knows?

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s exactly why. They ripped off Freestlyinā€™, Homeboy Magazine and a bunch of Andy Jenkinsā€™ art/design work.

They even put a photo of him on one of their shirts, see here for more info: * Homeboy @ 23mag BMX

One of the photos in that Jenkem piece has a (German) Homeboy logo which is not far off the Homeboy (Magazine) masthead either.

Better diligence please, Jenkem.

1 Like

Action slacks anyone?

All of these manā€™s trousers are next level. Someone has to skate in them. Please.

2 Likes

Pulman looking good for his age in them, tho.

11 Likes

Slim fit chinos help me

Vans Authentic Slim Pants
Uniqlo Slim Fit Chinos ā€“ Slim Fit Chinos | UNIQLO GB

If youā€™re after jeans then go for Levis 502s.

Uniqlo Kando Trousers are good for a cheap suit pant.

I wear a 30 x 32 in all of them and then get them tailored to about a 28" leg. Room in the thigh and leaves about a 7" leg opening (tailored or un-tailored). For bigger sizes, add probably half an inch extra for the leg opening for every waist size above 30".

Carhartt Master Pants look decent but I havenā€™t had a pair.

Volcom Frickinā€™ slim or modern, depending on how athletic you arenā€™t.

Slim legs belly

1 Like

Recommendations for jeans? I want a relaxed fit, something not too baggy but comfortable for skating, ideally with elastane, and Iā€™m a big guy, I usually get a 36 x 32. Thanks!

I really like Dickies Thomasville jeans but theyā€™re probably a bit too baggy. I feet a bit too try hard down with the kids when Iā€™m wearing them by theyā€™re comfy as hell.

Leviā€™s Skate 551z loose are pretty spot on but they donā€™t seem to be making them at the moment which is annoying :-1:

Thanks man!

1 Like

No worries! Wearing the dickies now with brown half cabs and if they were eS itā€™d look like Iā€™m trying to look like Penny :laughing:

1 Like

Volcom Solver. I have 4 pairs, all are still going strong.