The TV Thread

I might be overthinking, but is it representative of Tom climbing the social ladder? Like, his clothes keep incrementally improving every time he makes progress embedding himself into that life, so maybe it’s relating that?

1 Like

Very video game.
Gonna get into this hopefully this week as I’ll be on a trip away and it’ll be a good morning watch.

Baby Reindeer is unbearable! Intriguing enough to make me keep going but heard from a couple of people EP4 is crazy and I am beside myself on EP3.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS SPOLIERS SPLOIIIIIIIIIIIPPOOOOOOOLEEEEERERRSS!
Wasn’t as crazy as I expected even as fucked up as it was. I think I was just expecting something fucked up with the main character girl but then she wasn’t involved. I was kinda relieved.

ah sweet, thanks for that spoiler.

no problem

Enjoyed Ripley, ending was a bit of an anti climax, justice wise. So nicely shot.

I’ve never watched The Talented Mr Ripley, might give it a whirl later if sporting schedule permits

Yeah, same here but it popped up on Netflix after I’d watched Ripley. It’s good! Philip Seymour Hoffman as Freddie Miles is particularly excellent.

1 Like

Sold .

1 Like

Great film. Came out in '99 i think which was one of those years where there were mountains of incredible films.

Nearly finished series 1 of one of those Scandi drama things called Wisting. It’s definitely championship level scandi death but enjoyable nonetheless.

1 Like

Yeah just watched ep 4 of Baby Reindeer and the last 10 mins is one of the most incredible bits of TV I’ve ever seen. The fact that it’s a true story makes so honest, raw and powerful. Interesting to see where it goes, so far it’s one of the best shows of recent years.

The mix of horror/thriller/dark humour is spot on and so refreshing to have a properly human character in Donny whose actions aren’t always logical and isn’t doing ‘the right thing’ always.

1 Like

The dude has really come to terms with who he is and what he’s done/endured to be that candid.
I’m still not sure how I feel about it, i’m enjoying it if that is the right word but it is painful to watch, first 3eps more than the 4th weirdly.

1 Like

It’s fucking amazing.

Got that Bee Gees song on repeat!

Started last night, can’t seem to look away, the woman playing Martha is amazing. Only 3 eps in but I can see this being finished tonight

The internet sleuths (twats) seem to have tracked the real woman down. Ironically stalking the stalker

1 Like

Skipped through the thread as didn’t want to catch any spoilers. Two episodes into Baby Reindeer and keep thinking how Richard Gadd looks like a bearded Danny Brady… Or should I say Donny Brady (ba-dum-tsssh!)

2 Likes

@buildafire & Tory Turk on Sunday Brunch today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6TKjZko9Ku/?igsh=MjJidXM1NGpkN3hp

It’s on 4OD (if it’s still called that) - about 20 minutes in.

9 Likes

Looking fresh @buildafire

1 Like

Hat looks wonky, you can’t see the Lost Art logo on my t-shirt, I’m holding the board upside down because it was basically thrown at me, and I don’t even know how to smile anyway, but yeah, still one of the better photos of me.

One of the presenters was so unbelievably sound - the one sitting next to Tory - and that Josh Widdecombe Michael Fabricant was really normal and nice. Everybody else working there was so fucking lovely too, it was weird.

12 Likes

6 Likes

Very glad to get Dee on Sunday morning telly anyway.

2 Likes