The TV Thread

I felt the same - but maybe that’s my fault.
I hadn’t read any reviews of it, so the first episode I thought it was going to be a gritty police drama. I was expecting a few surprising plot twists, and a sub-plot about the lead detective’s home life. I was wrong.
Turned out it was aiming to be Important television with an urgent and harrowing message about the corrosive effects of toxic masculinity in modern society.
For people who want that sort of thing, I can see it was powerful stuff. But that’s not what I watch TV for. Maybe I’m a bit shallow.

2 Likes

Been a weekend of relaxation and binge watching Severance. Just finished episode 7 of series 1. My mind is boggled. Such a great show!

1 Like

Just watched three eps of last one laughing on the bounce, mostly very very funny

3 Likes

Bob killing is as per

He’s so good. Don’t know how she didn’t crack at those three songs, I was crying

1 Like

It starts out eye wateringly funny (it’s a brilliant premise) but the third episode petered out quite badly. Maybe they’ve ran out of things to say a bit and the stripping thing and the psychic were absolute dogshit.

Bob is just a national treasure. Got to be the most naturally funniest person ever.

Yeah did get that feeling, the lass who did the stripping bit hasn’t said a single funny thing in 3 eps

1 Like

Fucking hell the Danny Dyer bit was amazing

2 Likes

It keeps flicking between being hilarious and deathly, painfully unfunny.

2 Likes

Bob vs Ayoade was great

1 Like

Just got to that bit. Sensational.

Crying laughing at Bobs jokes.

2 Likes

Inevitable upshot of Bob Mortimer and Harriet Kemsley being on the same show.

2 Likes

Looks like I chose the wrong time to get all anti corporate America and ban Amazon.

Ayoade is a bit of a one trick pony, Bob is amazing

2 Likes

Where can you watch it?

Bob is just funny to look at. I would have been gone in the first ten minutes. Genuine national treasure status

2 Likes

Amazon Prime

Or dodgy firestick

1 Like

It doesn’t happen often, but I did suffer with slight FOMO when I saw it was on Prime.

However, this snippet popped up on YouTube, and it’s made me laugh more than once..

The algorithm keeps suggesting Bobs Would I Lie To You bits now so pretty much problem solved.

5 Likes

Just finished Severance and my mind is mash up.

So many more questions added rather than any really answered from season 1. Where the fuck are Mark and Helly gonna go to?! What actually happened to Gemma for everyone to think she had died?! Where did Milcheck learn to dance like that!

1 Like