The TV Thread

Need some series suggestions. Pretty much watched everything I’ve been recommended so far and obviously done all the usuals. Considering starting ‘Treme’ on NOW as it’s by the dude who made The Wire.

So, any good‘uns our there? Prefer a drama series to comedy, but definitely no fantasy please!

Have you watched The Americans or the The Leftovers?

Have you watched “Sharp Objects” or “The Night Of…”?
Both were really, really good contained series.

Nope. Not seen either! Will check them out. Cheers :facepunch:t2:

Where did you watch these? Just read reviews and both are up my street but can’t find them on any of the streaming services🤦🏻‍♂️

If you’ve not already seen it, check out The Deuce. David Simon wrote that too.

If zombies in feudal Korea are your bag I recommend Kingdom on Netflix.

1 Like

HBO US, so I had to download them…

1 Like

Anyone still watching Westworld? I wasn’t much of a fan of s2 as i found the character of Delores very unlikable but I’m enjoying s3 a lot more.

Enjoyed season 1 and gave up on season 2 after about three episodes. Maybe I’ll finish it and give season 3 a go!

Ooh… Tiger King. Just remembered that there is a new episode.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying it. Actually has a similar style to The Wire and obviously a bunch of the same actors. I love the music!

I saw this band in Ronnie Scott’s last year that were in Treme. By the end of the show they had everyone marching around the room because they didn’t like how straight laced the place was. It was so much fun.

I really liked season 2…
I’ve got it queued to watch. Will get stuck in at some point.

I found Delores just too unlikeable to root for and the plot of s2 felt a bit too overly convoluted to me. S3 is really cool so far though, especially now they’re opening up the worlds, and I’m still not a fan of Dolores but there’s a good supporting cast this season which helps balance it out

Last night my ex girlfriend popped up on Instagram and I noticed her account was verified, so I took a look to see what she was doing because about a year ago she was definitely not famous.

She’s always been friends with a pop-star called Charlie XCX and apparently she created a girl band and there is a documentary about it on Netflix. I’ve not watched it but it’s this. Cringe.

No disrespect but from that still, I would expect that they are in it for the fame and not the music. I’d be surprised if any of them play anything but I could be wrong and for it I deserve to be called out for my sexism but that’s not where my opinion lies, i’m snooty about music not sexes.

She picked up a guitar a year ago.

Definitely not in it for the music but they know that. It’s supposed to be a manufactured girl band.

She’s the one in the middle on the thumbnail. Georgia.

Did that come out November last year then? The tag line is ‘The best band you’ve never heard of… yet’ they should add and still haven’t, haha.