The TV Thread

finally managed to sit down and watch the first two ep’s of this today !

that silly games bit in the kitchen at the start of the second ep, so sick

1 Like

Just discovered The Wire is on sky to download (I’ve got bare bones sky package with fuck all on it, so this is a win for me)

Finished Big Mouth s4 in 3 days. So fucking funny.

It’s such a great programme.

2 seasons, that seems doable.

i saw some show that looked moderately interesting and saw it had 7 seasons and i was just ‘nah, i ain’t got time for that kind of investment’.

We just ploughed through all 4 seasons of Cardinal on iPlayer (pretty short seasons). It’s basically a really decent Scandi-noir except it’s in northern Canada so you don’t even have to read subtitles. It also comes to a conculsion and there’s not going to be any more. Much prefer it when shows go out like that.

Now TV.
Sky Sports.
BT Sports.
Amazon Prime.
Disney+.
Netflix.

Who here pays for all/most of them? I have Netflix, that’s it and even then, it’s a begrudgingly paid. And how do you lot make the time to watch all these shows? Do you have the TV on all evening for background noise? I rarely get to sit on the sofa before 9pm, and that’s to watch some random YT videos, Family Guy or something with my son before he goes to bed.

We have Prime, Disney and Netflix. Daughter usually in bed for 7.30, we tend to just watch an episode of something, maybe two, then we’ll both tend to read or do something else for a bit. Soon run out of stuff to watch it seems.

Netflix and Prime…but I rarely ever watch anything on Prime. I just use if for free/fast shipping.

I’ve a friend who has Sky+ (and football channels), Disney +, Netflix, Prime and Apple TV. Broadband thru Sky.
We added up his costs and it was about £160 a month he was spending just for the channels after you subtract the broadband cost.

To me, that is fucking crazy.

I probably watch YouTube mostly!

I set my dads devices up on his NOW TV account. I told him he only had two devices available, his TV and iPad. I then went home and set my tv up under the third device option. Cheeky, but worth it hehe

4 Likes

Netflix & Prime

Reckon Prime has superior film selection over Netflix but the interface is horrible, browsing is such a chore

1 Like

Besides The Boyz there’s basically nothing on Prime.

1 Like

Netflix for TV for my wife when she gets a break from the baby.
Prime for documentaries and BFI.
NowTV for kids’ stuff and Sky Atlantic.

Pretty much same here but was gifted a sky package through work so have those HBO and Atlantic shows. Some fairly decent movies on it too.

I don’t have ‘normal’ tv, so usually have Netflix for a couple of months, work through the good stuff then cancel it, get NowTV for a few months. Then repeat.

Except at the moment I’ve got NowTV Film as well for like £3 a month cos I tried to leave and they gave me a good deal.

Got Apple TV+ as well but got it for free when I bought an iPad. There’s been some good stuff on it but not enough that I’d pay for it over Netflix.

I think I have it all apart from the sports bollocks.
Still don’t have anything to watch.

1 Like

Way better selection of films in my opinion, just a nightmare to browse and find them half the time

Don’t really bother with series in general but I have heard good things about The Boys, might watch it over the Xmas period

2 Likes

I heard only good things about The Boyz so I watched it. Not my cup of tea at all. Too much ‘action’ and an unimaginative storyline. Seemed like an idea that could be good if executed well but just turned out to be a bit shit.

Prime definitely has better music documentaries. Netflix is too US-centric a lot of the time and I can’t be arsed to deal with all the faux exaggeration on food shows. No one does better food shows than the british. Masterchef in any other country just plain sucks.

2 Likes

Speaking of Masterchef, glad that ejiit that put caviar in icecream got the boot last night; he was a right cocky doyle.

1 Like

I watched the first episode of the new adaptation of The Stand last night. Was pretty solid.

Also caught up by watching the Small Axe “Mangrove” film on iPlayer which is actually amazing. I spent a lot of time in that area twenty years ago, so seeing those exact streets a few decades before was amazing. But for loads of other reasons, it is well worth your time.

1 Like