The TV Thread

Without saying to much, I think S3 too, would make more sense as this story has come to a conclusion, right? We’ll have to wait and see I guess?

1 Like

Wait what’s the spoiler tags again?

Testing…

Working?

[ spoiler ] … [/ spoiler ] <— that without the spaces.

Woah, no I didn’t watch after the credits last night, I went for a piss!
Just watched.
Side story for sure.

I said this too ! They really don’t need any more crap films that have weak stories, ridden with plot holes and try cram in too many political/social ideals.

Stick with this time line and the tv series , they just won TV with that ending. I got pretty emotional with the reveal . Nuts a show can do that instant time warp to you.

1 Like

Dead emosh strictly tonight.

1 Like

It’s because it’s impossible to get the story in a 2 hour lump. I enjoyed the new SW for what they were but they had way too much to cram in, especially the last one. Was ridiculous. Still fun but could have been slightly cooler. Like Mando.

1 Like

The latest films try too hard to tick too many boxes to keep everyone happy. That just makes them fail and are just a 2 hour visual FX fantasy.

They were awful. Rey being an ultimate Mary Sue, using Jedi mind tricks and being as good as Kylo with a Lightsaber with no training. What was the point of Snoke? They had to waste the 3rd one trying to sort out the mess of 2nd! I could go on and on…

2 Likes

Yeah, agree, not that they were awful but there are huge gaps that made the holes seemed colossal. If they thought about doing a series they could have got so much covered, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. They’ve probably realised after the love Mando has gotten.

I saw this fact about the mandalorian and realised it’s the first show in forever that hasn’t tried to shoehorn in a bunch of young fucks for the tik tokkers.

2 Likes

So most of them would have seen Star Wars when it first came out and probably relate to it more, especially with the timeline

Unpopular opinion but Star Wars isn’t very good. Special effects, acting, story line, its all bang average but people romanticise it because people over 40 grew up with it and people younger than 40 listen to the older than 40s and just accept it.

The only one who had a half decent career off the back of it is Harrison Ford.

2 Likes

Good point that. We’re constantly told how new franchises desperately need new blood in order to relate to youngsters and it’s nice to see evidence that this is utter bs.

That said I’ve still enjoyed plenty on shows that have brought new faces to the screen, I just don’t need an accompanying moral justification in the marketing.

I think that’s a popular opinion to be honest.
It’s not wrong to people who didn’t watch them first hand at the time but it’s also an opinion that isn’t as valid. It’s like saying that the Exorcist isn’t scary at all and pretty boring. It wasn’t at the time, people fainted in cinemas and was talked about for a long time, at least until the horror genre really started to go all out with shock and gore in the 80s.
Star wars blew people away at the time, it had the best feel and was something that had never really been done in that way before. The FX were as good as they could have been for the time and pushed the boundaries. The nostalgia is strong with this one granted and if you have it, you hold it dear, if you don’t have nostalgia then you have nothing. I’m strictly talking about the OG 3, anything after that is subjective.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t watch them as a kid so I tried them in my 20s and thought they were pretty bad. Not for me that’s all.

1 Like

Early 80’s-mid 90’s Harrison was crushing it career wise. Raiders, Blade Runner, Fugitive, Patriot Games

Also, what a dreamboat

1 Like

Carrie had a very good career as a script fixer in Hollywood, and still made the odd film. Hamill does a lot of voice work (I mean he was Luke Skywalker it’s hard to put him in another film after that). Known just as well for being the voice of The Joker as Luke these days. As for the FX’s… just look up Industrial Light and Magic. Yes it’s easy to forget the impact Star Wars had today, like kids now listening to The Beatles.

Kenny Baker was in Time Bandits.

3 Likes

Warwick Davis has killed it

1 Like