The TV Thread

So, his upload bandwidth serves you?

This would be amazing for skate videos, tbh.

Definitely both. It’s good fun. Tory and Johnny’s son really grate on me though.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I watched both series and mostly enjoyed it.

Nostalgia for the grown ups and, the bits that I could have left → high school type stuff for ‘the kids’.

Haha! Johnny’s son. Yup. There was definitely something ‘triggering’ about him.

There’s a third now too in case you didn’t know. And yeah, Robby is well annoying.

1 Like

Wandavision getting interesting.

1 Like

Lupin in Netflix is pretty good, a bit like a french Oceans 11 but over 5 episodes

1 Like

Will need to give it a go.

Finished watching It’s A Sin the other night, was okay, a pretty depressing watch given the subject ( covering the aids epidemic in the gay community during the 80s).

My only issue and unfortunately this happens with quite a few shows / films is using Manchester’s northern quarter (back Piccadilly if we’re gonna split hairs) as a filming location, the street where the main cast lived I used to skate past most days, it’s often used as a stand for New York most notably in The first captain America film, it’s been used in peaky blinders and countless other programs most people won’t know or notice but I do every time and it takes me right out of watching.

I watched this and was all ‘ooh wonder what’s going to happen’ and it fucking ended!
They better be to fast tracking season 2.

‘Barbarians’ on Netflix also a not bad German language boobs n blades historic type thing about Romans v Barbarians. Paternity leave means I’ve pretty much watched the internet

1 Like

Amongst others, the area was used for ‘Morbius’ as an NYC double that is out later in the year (Covid pushed back release from last year)

It’s cool walking through when everything’s set up as but yeah agree, kinda spoils the fiction element when you watch the show / film!

1 Like

Yeah I walked through a few days before cpt America filmed and it only clicked with me that there was an antiques shop that appeared out of nowhere and all the traffic lights were those old timey yellow ones that hang from cables. There’s a few buildings down there that were by the same architect who had a hand in designing the same style of tenements you find in Glasgow and New York, if I hadn’t seen it a thousand times over a 7 year period I’d never give it a thought as it is pretty convincing locale when it’s dressed.

1 Like

I worked at Black Sheep for couple of years whilst at uni. I remember going in one day and the alley just before the shop was all cordoned off and there was a massive line (mainly consisting of women) going way down the street.

Walked into the shop, went to the office and asked what the fuck was going on outside, simply to be met with “Peaky Blinders. Cillian Murphy” from one of the guys.

He didn’t he even look at me while saying. Just sort of casually mumbled it like it was an everyday occurrence.

Hope they were there to get their copies of 28 Days Later signed.

6 Likes

What did he buy? Thrasher jumper?

[/turns up volume on East Hastings]

2 Likes

I wanna watch the Stewart Lee doc on the Nightingales tonight, King Rocker. It is on Sky Arts at 9pm. Does anyone know how you can watch this channel live and online? I have a TV license but no working aerial connection for the TV.

1 Like

My first proper gig was The Nightingales, supported by We’ve Got a Fuzzbox and We’re Going to Use It. 1986, at the Town and Country Club in Kentish Town.

2 Likes

Freeview Play I think if you have a smart tv or a Fire stick or something. Looking forward to this too, Stewart Lee was talking about it on Adam Buxton’s podcast the other day.

1 Like

I don’t have Sky. Anyone got a file/link to a file I can grab? Keen to see this…

1 Like

Just listened to this podcast & really enjoyed it.
I hope I can find / watch the documentary.