The TV Thread

Watched it yesterday (I have now tv) it’s so fucking great.
I don’t even think I know of the nightingales.
Once covid is done pop round and we’ll watch it together.

2 Likes

When did that king Kong statue get removed? Must of just seen pics of it as a kid.

I think its great. I’d love it in my garden. Only watch the first bit about the prefects so far and it’s really good.

1 Like

Found this King Rocker link online. It has Audio Descriptions on though which is a bit weird.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13G9RoBHyjIDIVpQa4nWdFvVXUtv4u3lr/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Thank you - will check it out later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thd5bBUNEw8

Watched this the other day. No spoilers in there. It’s a good insight into how Curtis goes about these pieces.

1 Like

Nope…linked the wrong thing!

I meant to link this:

1 Like

Been rinsing WWII in colour on Netflix. Just watched the episode about the Allies bombing on Dresden.

The fire’s were so hot, people fucking melted in the cities Bomb Shelter. Melted! Wtf.

WWII in general was so fucking gnarly. Some of the shit people, civilians as well as soldiers must’ve seen just absolutely beggars belief. I think part of the reason the world is going a little bit mental at the moment is that the generation that truly remembers all those atrocities is dying out and being replaced by those who were shielded from it and to some extent went on to fetishize it.

Thats exactly the main reason Ive been so interested in reading up on it all. “A warning from history” by Lawrence Rees is a good documentation for reactions and responses to the Nazi escalation from everyday Germans and Russians as the conflict developed (Apolgies, I’m drunk)

1 Like

I watched these too. It was surprisingly decent, I didn’t have high hopes. The presentation and opening credits concentrating on the colourising gimmick all does its best to make it look pretty tacky/glorified. But it’s not and is actually a really decent examination of some of the key events.

1 Like

The World at War is still the high water mark. Something about laurence Olivier’s sonorous narration gives it even greater gravitas.

3 Likes

Looking forward to it. Even if I don’t usually come away entirely convinced by some of his arguments it’s always interesting stuff to think about.

5 Likes

Only saw this recently, infinite Adam Curtis

I enjoy his style and his meandering mostly but I think that some of it just seems a bit of a stretch at times. Like he’ll join some dots and then move swiftly on without ever really attempting to detail the workings of another fairly grand conspiracy that his hypothesis just sort of verged on implying.

1 Like

Sick I’ll try and find that. Watched the Hiroshima episode the other day. The morals behind that is questionable at best!

SK8 the infinity.

Recommended by my 14 year old doughter, not seen it my self yet but its a new anime.

https://www.funimation.com/shows/sk8-the-infinity/part-01-snowfall-on-a-hot-night/?qid=None

Queens Gambit is just honking bollocks. Really really, really, boring too.

3 Likes

Anyone watching AP Bio on NowTV?

Glenn Howerton, Patton Oswalt, Paula Pell. I’m really rating it, genuine lols a lot of the time.

1 Like